Tymphany Corporation Premium Audio Video Division acquired by management

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I received the following today in an email from Tymphany. I didn't see it in other threads but apologize if I missed it.

Tom

NEWS RELEASE

January 2, 2009

Tymphany Corporation Premium Audio Video Division acquired by management.

The Tymphany Corporation today announced that it has formally separated its two operating divisions. The Premium Audio Video Group, headed by Hong Kong-based Edward Boyd, has been acquired in a management-led buy out. The Danish Scan Speak division will remain with its operations in Videbaek, Denmark under the continuing leadership of Managing Director Jan Nielsen.

The new Hong Kong-based company will keep the Tymphany name as well as the Vifa and Peerless brands. The remaining business in Denmark will continue to produce and market the Scan Speak brand.

The two companies will serve the premium loudspeaker industry and will cooperate in procurement, marketing and customer service.

The new, Hong Kong-headquartered, Tymphany will consolidate its operations in its state-of-the-art XinXu, China facility. The efficiencies generated by this change will allow Tymphany to improve day to day global operations focusing on increasing customer satisfaction while continuing its highly regarded loudspeaker systems, transducer, and amplifier development.

Tymphany CEO and President Ed Boyd said, "Our management team is strong and our company is well positioned to excel in this challenging environment. Tymphany has an outstanding portfolio of customers, technologies and products. The increased focus of our now stand alone business will only add to our competitive position. We and the folks at Scan Speak are determined to make this transition seamless from a customer point of view."

The Tymphany global sales organization with teams in Denmark, the US and China will continue to support localized efforts. Operating changes include a more efficient system enabling all customers worldwide to eventually be served directly from the XinXu factory. The customer representative teams will contact customers with the details of the operational changes as they emerge.

Jan Nielsen Managing Director of Scan Speak said, "We are very pleased that our colleagues in China have decided to take ownership of the Premium Audio Video Group. This will allow each of the entities to focus on their respective markets and customers. This change positions us both to weather the difficult market environment while providing excellent product and service for our respective customers. I expect that there will be extensive cooperation and technology sharing between the companies and I congratulate Ed Boyd and his team."

About Tymphany

Tymphany Corporation is the leading supplier of innovative, high quality loudspeakers and audio systems. With over 80 years of audio design, development and manufacturing expertise, they are widely regarded as having the strongest portfolio of technology and design experience in the loudspeaker industry

The new Hong Kong based company manufacturers OEM/ODM loudspeakers for many of the world's leading audio brands and also develops and sells transducers under its own Vifa and Peerless brands. Tymphany's products are manufactured in their newly constructed, ISO-certified facility in Xinxu, China. Tymphany is a privately held corporation. More information about the company is available at www.tymphany.com.

To unsubscribe from the Tymphany email database, click here or reply to this email with the subject line "Unsubscribe" and the email address that you wish to unsubscribe as the first or only item in the body.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.