Best way to attach a plinth (base) with lift to a heavy speaker?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm closing in on the final stretch on finishing a pair of Selah Audio RC-5Gs. I want to attached a plinth (base) to the speaker with a bit of a lift. That is, place a 1/2" finished riser board at the bottom of the speaker (this will be cut back about 1" or less from the speaker edge and is intended to separate the speaker from the plinth) of which I will then attache a piece of 1" thick hardwood as the plinth. Since the speaker is made of MDF which doesn't have a strong screw capacity I'm thinking people glue the plinth or use nut and bolt drilled all the way into the the bottom of the speaker? I'm just afraid over time of weakening the base through moving the speakers.

As an example of the look I am going for I like how Salk Sound does the base of their speakers and I am trying to do something similar:

http://www.salksound.com/ht3.shtml

Please let me know what you think would be the best way. I'm open to any suggestions/ideas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.