a new horn speaker design in 3D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all

eventually i want to build this system this year.

The major concern is regarding the midbass horn placed in the mouth of the basshorn. I don't know if the diffraction would be negative , even if low frequency waves are not directional. The basshorn would cover up to 150hz.

more pictures and description at my forum

Angelo

03m.jpg

At least in a halfspace environment with the midbass horn sitting on the floor, you want the horn expansion to go the other way - to open up from the floor. Otherwise you immediately get a soundwave bouncing off the floor and causing cancellations at various points in space. I'm not sure how this would work in a small room at this frequency range, but I would still go the other way. Also, every time I have simulated that arrangement you show with a horn inside the mouth of another, it's been very bad at the mid to high frequencies of the bigger horn. At low frequencies the only problem (might) be that you are changing the exit area of the horn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.