First time Heresy - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd January 2009, 09:25 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default First time Heresy

I just picked up a really nice pair of Heresy I's, and am really impressed. They are in fantastic shape, and I love the sound. The bass is alright, but the mids and highs are the best I think I've heard. I played DSOTM, just for giggles. Hadn't listened to it in years, it gets so much airplay on all the classic rock stations. I heard things I'd never noticed before. It seems kind of trite. I've seen people say that about good speakers, but I'd never experienced it before. Amazing. So next I put The Wall on, and DAMN! Those helicopters near the beginning, were IN THE ROOM! These are keepers for sure. I even got the original brochure, the slanted stands, and some box shaped risers that were supposedly made by the original owner. They match so well, that I wonder if they are factory, but I've never seen anything like them in connection with Heresy's, just the little slanted ones.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:49 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

They are in good nick.

I had an HT with modded KHorns and Heresy rears and it was very good. All have been sold now and I'm working on the next set of HE speakers.

There are mods for them on the Klipsch forum, but whatever you do, keep those nice boxes looking good.

Once you come to appreciate HE speakers and horns, it's had to go back.
Enjoy.

Hide this!Advertise here!