Crossover design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

Could you take a look at the attached crossover and describe what the design intent is. The drivers shown are highly rated for value on the Zaph audio site and I was planning on using them on a project. The crossover is from the SB Acoustics site, I had an idea of what these drivers would require before I located this one and am curious how far off I am.

Attachments

• crossover.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 175
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Two exactly alike series inductors in series with each other, and with a paralel cap in between...not really sure what to think about that, but seems a bit strange and "bungling", and doesnt look like a result of measurements
I have tried lots of strange crossover things that seemed to work, but showed to have a certain flavour, and such things never seem to work properly in the long run, so I have learned to stick to basics, more or less

Brewboy said:
Hi.

Could you take a look at the attached crossover and describe what the design intent is. The drivers shown are highly rated for value on the Zaph audio site and I was planning on using them on a project. The crossover is from the SB Acoustics site, I had an idea of what these drivers would require before I located this one and am curious how far off I am.

The design you attached doesn't use any baffle step compensation. Do you want to build a 2-way with the SB17NRX? I have a design with this midwoofer and Vifa DQ25SC. See this:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=207805

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.