Help! Logitech z-2300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I did some google searches and eventually I ended up on this site. I'm a total newbie at audio, so please bare with me.

I have a Logitech z-2300 system (2.1), which have served me well till now. One of the satellites busted on me, so now I'm interested in replacing the satellites with something similar, or slightly better.

Though I would love to diy my own set of speakers, I don't think I have the time, nor the money to do so. What I'm looking for is a direct replacement for the satellite z-2300 speakers.

The problem is, the satellites on the z-2300 use RCA plugs (the subwoofer has RCA inputs), and it seems like other quality 2.1 systems use bare speaker wires.

Is it possible to say, buy Klipsch Promedia 2.1 satellites, connect their speaker wire to this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102959

and plug in the RCA end into my subwoofer? If so, what is the safe/recommended way of connecting speaker wires?

Again, I'm very new to this so please bare with me. Thank you in advance for your input!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.