anyone willing to take a look at - PD.122

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm interested - is this driver adequate for any sort of QW box ?

it's Precision devices PD.122

please - with cherry on top ......

BR and closed box aren't useful at all

:clown:

Attachments

• pd.122.jpg
    pd.122.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 186
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
kelticwizard said:
I don't have Martin King's software at the moment but you might be able to do something with a Mass Loaded Transmission Line. Somebody else will have to help you, though.

Is this for PA work?

nope - it's intended for home , along with Econo wave guide ( from Audiokarma ) .

I don't have Martin's routines ...... not messing lately with anything except small boxes , for which usual software is completely adequate .

I'll be grateful if anyone put these few numbers in MJK's sheets ....

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
How sensitive are these models? Is sensitivity a big issue with you?

You can raise the Qts of the drivers to something more usable in a ported or closed box if you put a resistor in series with the PD. But it will lower the SPL of the driver somewhat. I can calculate the resistor and sensitivity loss for you, if you like.

It's a nice option to have if the Mass Loaded Transmission Line doesn't work out. I'm sure somebody will be by here to help you with that, though.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
tnx for offer ;
anyway - they aren't purchased yet ..... they are just few of contenders for EconoWave spks we are willing to make for my close friend ;

I have MJK sheets , from era when they are free for download , but I don't have enough routine to use them without plenty of time involved.

anyway - I'm pretty often in situation to invest some time and effort , helping ppl there in Pass and SS forum ;

dunno what's with some residents here ...... maybe I'm not nice looking enough

:clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.