Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Eminence Kilomax pro 18 -- 20hz-600hz.1250w rms[x max 9.8mm]
Eminence Sigma pro 18 --25hz-500hz. 650w rms[x max 6mm]
Eminence Omega pro 18 -- 25hz-2khz.800w rms[x max 4.8mm]
Eminence Kappa 18 -- 30hz-2.5khz.500w rms[x max 4.5mm]

The most sensitive driver is the Eminence Kappa pro 15,
103 db 1w at 1m,500w rms,3 inch voice coil,80 oz magnet,x max 3.2.

But the best value for money driver is the Eminence Beta 15,350w rms,2 inch voice coil,38 oz magnet,x max 4mm,sens 98 db 1w at 1m,35hz-4khz,VD 327 cc,QTS 0.58.And the Beta 15 only costs £50 inc vat brand new[From Maplin Electronics]

Eminence Delta 15 is pretty good value for money too,
400w rms,2.5 inch voice coil,30hz-4khz,x max 2.7mm,sensitivity 101 db 1w at 1m,56 oz magnet,VD 272cc,QTS O.49.Costs £65 inc vat brand new[From Maplin Electronics]

I think the Eminence and Fane speakers are very good quality,whilst remaining resonable price.

P.S. You forget to say how deep J bins,Bandpass bins[4 th chamber],Cerwin Vega type bins,and Bent horn type[like EAW]?

Yes Double 18 inch reflex bass bins go as low as 30hz,but they aren't as loud or clean sounding as an 18 inch scoop bass bin.

Also I forget to mention horn loaded bass reflex,which the 18 inch version goes down to 30hz[as it says in the book],And Down firing Manifold horn bin.[20 hz]

The two books which are very good for pa construction,and design are;

Loudspeakers for Musicians by Vivian Capel [ISBN 0-85934-242-5]

and Eminence high power loudspeaker enclosure design and construction by Adam Hall [ISBN 0-9518252-1-6]

Thats where I know of so many types of cabinets.

open back,di-pole,totally sealed,bass reflex,passive radiator,labyrinth,transmission line,large folded horns,frequency band pass,direct radiating plus front horn loading,dierct radiating plus rear horn loading,scoop,double scoop[15 inch only],double 15inch and 18 inch bass reflex,folded horn w bin[dual driver type],
folded horn w bin[single driver type],Folded horn,bandpass,front bass/mid box,w folded horn with barn doors,horn loaded bass reflex,servodrive,Down firing Manifold.

Very Good manufactors of ready made cabinets are: Turbosound,EAW,EV,RCF,Technomad,Funktion One,Basssmax,Turbomax,Community,Yorkville,
Peavey,SONIC,Cerwin Vega,MC Cauley,Soundtech,Smartlight,
Ramsa,JBL,BOSE,Mackie,***.

Last but not least,why don't many manufactors make w bins or scoop bins,except SONIC pa speakers?

:nod: :devily: :devilr: :bawling: ;)

Sorry wrong place[meant to be reply for'why are 18's slow']

Sorry This post was meant for Omnifex,and for some strange reason it can up as a new post,instead of being a reply to
'Why are 18's Slow' post about 18 inch bass drivers.
So could the Moderator please move my post to 'Why are 18's slow'.
Thanks

Bull said:
Eminence Kilomax pro 18 -- 20hz-600hz.1250w rms[x max 9.8mm]
Eminence Sigma pro 18 --25hz-500hz. 650w rms[x max 6mm]
Eminence Omega pro 18 -- 25hz-2khz.800w rms[x max 4.8mm]
Eminence Kappa 18 -- 30hz-2.5khz.500w rms[x max 4.5mm]

The most sensitive driver is the Eminence Kappa pro 15,
103 db 1w at 1m,500w rms,3 inch voice coil,80 oz magnet,x max 3.2.

Gotta keep in mind that the Kappa's sensitivity was
measured at a higher frequency. Check Eminence's
site for the real deal.

But the best value for money driver is the Eminence Beta 15,350w rms,2 inch voice coil,38 oz magnet,x max 4mm,sens 98 db 1w at 1m,35hz-4khz,VD 327 cc,QTS 0.58.And the Beta 15 only costs £50 inc vat brand new[From Maplin Electronics]

The Beta??? :confused: Hold on let me open my
Eminence Designer..................................... The
Beta is the worst speaker you could get.

Eminence Delta 15 is pretty good value for money too,
400w rms,2.5 inch voice coil,30hz-4khz,x max 2.7mm,sensitivity 101 db 1w at 1m,56 oz magnet,VD 272cc,QTS O.49.Costs £65 inc vat brand new[From Maplin Electronics]

Again, check eminence site. Most of those 101 - 103
drivers are in the mid to upper band.

How Come you didn't mention the Magnum Series?
Surely the best low frequency drivers Eminence
have in their line.

I think the Eminence and Fane speakers are very good quality,whilst remaining resonable price.

So your in the UK huh? I find FANE a better buy.
The box requirements most of those Eminence
models you mentioned needs is beyond my
recognition. If you want Eminence, Magnum
Series, or Lab 12 (My Recomendation)

Why don't you get Precision Devices?

P.S. You forget to say how deep J bins,Bandpass bins[4 th chamber],Cerwin Vega type bins,and Bent horn type[like EAW]?

I didn't know you wanted to build the cabinets? :confused:
Can I get back to on that?

Yes Double 18 inch reflex bass bins go as low as 30hz,but they aren't as loud or clean sounding as an 18 inch scoop bass bin.

Remember, Scoops as any other horn is only sensitive
within its bandpass ( 80 - 60Hz) The average Scoop
usable frequency is 60Hz (-3dB) where as a Dual 18
is 40 - 35 Hz (- 3db) Scoops may win on 80 - 60, but,
dies from 55 - 35Hz. With todays Dance music, how
can Scoops Survive?

Also I forget to mention horn loaded bass reflex,which the 18 inch version goes down to 30hz[as it says in the book],And Down firing Manifold horn bin.[20 hz]

I mentioned, the EV MT4 which uses this concept.
As a matter of fact EV designed it. It can't go down
to 20Hz. This box is nothing more than a fancy
Bandpass box.

The two books which are very good for pa construction,and design are;

Loudspeakers for Musicians by Vivian Capel [ISBN 0-85934-242-5]

and Eminence high power loudspeaker enclosure design and construction by Adam Hall [ISBN 0-9518252-1-6]

I always wanted the Eminence book by Adam Hall.
Thats one of the benefits of being in the UK.

To be honest, one of my mentors Rog is from the
UK, and can tell you the in's and out's of Horn bass
bins better than a book.

open back,di-pole,totally sealed,bass reflex,passive radiator,labyrinth,transmission line,large folded horns,frequency band pass,direct radiating plus front horn loading,dierct radiating plus rear horn loading,scoop,double scoop[15 inch only],double 15inch and 18 inch bass reflex,folded horn w bin[dual driver type],
folded horn w bin[single driver type],Folded horn,bandpass,front bass/mid box,w folded horn with barn doors,horn loaded bass reflex,servodrive,Down firing Manifold.

Very Good manufactors of ready made cabinets are: Turbosound,EAW,EV,RCF,Technomad,Funktion One,Basssmax,Turbomax,Community,Yorkville,

Last but not least,why don't many manufactors make w bins or scoop bins,except SONIC pa speakers?

:nod: :devily: :devilr: :bawling: ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Re: Re: reply

OK

Ok dude. Its been confirmed. You've been smitten
by the DIY Audio Loudspeaker Plague :nod:

I suggest, you stop, Now, before your wife
files divorce. Or, your girl runs away with your best
friend :eek:

Whichever comes first! :D

Good speakers for different applications.

Because if you feed two Double Eighteens with
enough power, they will beat two Scoops, or two
W Bins.

Scoops are from the 60's, and the W is from the
40's??? (Guys help me out here :confused: )

With the power of the computer/technology you
can make a better Horn loaded bass bin than a
Scoop or W bin.

Bottomline. They are just not good enough for
todays standards.

Best Regards,

Yes Omnifex,i'm in the uk[London actually].
The double 18 inch bass bins can be very good,but their size and weight is awful.You Heavy castor wheels,and large mteal handles to sort out the weight problem,and you need a large van or truck or lorry to transport them because of the size.

If I had a lot of money,I'd go for the EAW Sb1000 double 18 inch bass bin[the one with a compact box which is bandpass,and the two woofers are facing each other.
But as i'm kind of poor,I would not be able to afford the EAW speakers.
The ElectroVoice MTL 1X is a nice double 18 inch horn loaded manifold design,but it is expensive too.

So The Peavey Hisys Bass Bin rated at 500w rms,with a Peavey Black Widow speaker.It's a bass reflex design,although it only goes down to 50hz.

Or I could build my own using the two design and construction books.And I'd probably use the Fane Collossus 18xb rated 600 w AES,because this driver has a very good repitation and looks better made than the Eminence Omega pro 18.
I would either build a twin bass reflex or a large folded horn like the Cerwin Vega SL36[because I really love the look of this J bin,
although i've not heard it yet.

Some I need the most suitable bassbins for playing and mixing outside and sometimes indoors in a big hall.
I mix and play Drum and Bass,Reggae,Garage,Nu-Skool Breaks,Old Skool Anthems,Ragga,Soca,Hip Hop are a bit of Dub;so i need a versitle bass bin for mostly all music at very loud volumes,cleanly and clearly.Also if I had a huge amout of money i'd probably by some like Turbosound blue bins,Funktion One bins,or Bassmaxx bins.

I think Scoop bass bins are alright with reggae,soca,ragga,but any other music sounds weird through them.
Is there a bass bin that you can buy for not more than a grand [£1000] each which has excellent clean and clear bass,with very low harmonic and fundimental distortion,whilst being suitable for all music at very loud volumes?

Bull said:
Yes Omnifex,i'm in the uk[London actually].
The double 18 inch bass bins can be very good,but their size and weight is awful.You Heavy castor wheels,and large mteal handles to sort out the weight problem,and you need a large van or truck or lorry to transport them because of the size.

Well, you could make the double 18 lighter
(No bracing, No double Baffle board) but,
it will dance with the patrons at the party!

If I had a lot of money,I'd go for the EAW Sb1000 double 18 inch bass bin[the one with a compact box which is bandpass,and the two woofers are facing each other.
But as i'm kind of poor,I would not be able to afford the EAW speakers.
The ElectroVoice MTL 1X is a nice double 18 inch horn loaded manifold design,but it is expensive too.

Since when, money isn't the factor!
I understand completely!

So The Peavey Hisys Bass Bin rated at 500w rms,with a Peavey Black Widow speaker.It's a bass reflex design,although it only goes down to 50hz.

This is what you will get when you want
efficiency and, low bass.

Or I could build my own using the two design and construction books.And I'd probably use the Fane Collossus 18xb rated 600 w AES,because this driver has a very good repitation and looks better made than the Eminence Omega pro 18.
I would either build a twin bass reflex or a large folded horn like the Cerwin Vega SL36[because I really love the look of this J bin,
although i've not heard it yet.

I own a few of those 18XB's (Among others)
and can tell you, they are not designed
for bass horns. Look into the Precision
Devices PD 1850

Some I need the most suitable bassbins for playing and mixing outside and sometimes indoors in a big hall.
I mix and play Drum and Bass,Reggae,Garage,Nu-Skool Breaks,Old Skool Anthems,Ragga,Soca,Hip Hop are a bit of Dub;so i need a versitle bass bin for mostly all music at very loud volumes,cleanly and clearly.

Ah! No wonder you were pursuing Scoops!
You play Reggae. Surely, the only type of
music Scoops win everytime.

Also if I had a huge amout of money i'd probably by some like Turbosound blue bins,Funktion One bins,or Bassmaxx bins.

I think Scoop bass bins are alright with reggae,soca,ragga,but any other music sounds weird through them.
Is there a bass bin that you can buy for not more than a grand [£1000] each which has excellent clean and clear bass,with very low harmonic and fundimental distortion,whilst being suitable for all music at very loud volumes?

Why don't you checkout one of my mentors
site. www.speakerplans.com

I'm sure you will find plenty of designs to build,
(Even The Scoop) and, you can pickup some
Precision Devices too.

Best Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.