KEF tweeter replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The tweeters for my KEF 101/3 speakers stopped working. I bought new tweeters for the speakers and was sent a pair of tweeters numbered SP 1446. (The old tweeters were numbered SP1352. The invoice identified the new tweeters as numbered SP1550X, but the number on the actual tweeters was SP1446.
The new tweeters do not fit the woofers (coaxial).
It looks as though part of the tweeters would have to be removed. Also, the bolt which holds the tweeters in place is too large for the new tweeters.
The local dealer says that KEF told him that the new tweeters will require "fit adjustment".
No instructions for "fit adjustment" came with the tweeters.
So, I guess my question is "has anyone had experience fitting these tweeters to 101/3 speakers (or something similar)"?
I have sent an e-mail to KEF describing the problem.
I am a new member of this forum and very inexperienced with audio equipment and forums so please excuse my naivete in both respects.
(I have read and liked very much the forum rules--well stated and quite reasonable.)
Hmmm. So far I haven't figured out how to post!

Here's an update on the KEF tweeter replacement problem.
KEF (through a distributor) did supply replacement tweeters for the speakers; however, they required some disassembly in order to retrofit them to my speakers. (I got help on this in person from the distributor.)
As it turned out, the two woofers had different tweeter mounts so that one of the woofers required the use of a nylon washer in order to avoid pinching the tweeter cables.
That said, the KEF speakers are restored to their original quality.
The tweeters cost $80 US each.
I still wonder what caused the tweeters to stop working (the distributor said that it rarely happened but did happen occasionally).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.