Looking for info onan unknown Tweeter model (M&K brand)?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for info onan unknown Tweeter model (M&K brand)?

I am designing some new speakers to replace my current Hometheater 7.1 system.

I found a bulk deal for 12 Miller and Keisler (M&K) tweeters online for less than $5 each. I can't seem to find the specs for these tweeters and am looking for some help.

From my research M&K in the last few years used Vifa brand Tweeters, mostly the D26NC-15-06, also the Vifa D26NC-55-06. These both are 6ohm tweeters, which several vendors sell unbranded. However the tweeters I have look slighly different and are 8 ohm instead of 6 ohm. The D26 are truncated like mine are, but have a heatsink on the magnet that mine do not.

The tweeters I have have M&K stamped on the front baffle, and have a Miller & Keisler sticker on the magnet and simply say 8ohm, no other model. Based on pictures of various M&K speakers mine look like what came in the LCR 750's a couple years ago, but am having a hard time confirming this since M&K has gone out of business.

I am trying to design some TMM or TM-PR(passive radiator) speakers but can't really get started until I identify what I have and get some specs.

Does anyone have any resouces to find out what these speakers are?

In addition to what is on the magnet face, there is Vi stamped in purple/blue ink on the side of each magnet. I assume this means Vifa, but am unsure. Based on pictures, they look more like Sinar Baja TWD25NH05 that Madisound sells than they do the Vifa D26. The tweeter dome seems more recessed in the mounting baffle than do the D26 Vifa's...... using the trusty Fluke VMM I measure 7.8 ohms as well confirming the 8 ohm impedence.

At the price I got these for I can't resist using them for a new design, but don't want to speculate and make an assumption on the model. In looking at all the Vifa D26's the specs are all very similar, I am starting to think they are simply an 8ohm version of these Vifa's that have been discontinued, thus I can't find the specs.

Any help is appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.