Questions regarding the 2.5 clone - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2003, 08:42 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Questions regarding the 2.5 clone

hi guys,

I've decided to try builed the colne, it seems to me that this is a cost/rewarding project which was tested by many people and gets good reviews (I'm using both Linn Mimik and Thorens TD166 as source and WAD 6550 + WAD phono II).

I read about the changes in the crossover design - I'm still confused a bit, what would you recommend ( trying to stay as close as possible to the real thing) ?

I've been searching for XO parts but could not find the exact components value, anyone can link ?

what do you think about bulding the XO outside the speakers in a small Chassis ?

What is the best way to builed the box? and in what stages ? should it be glue - is it enough ? how do you attach the bitum and the dacron to the box ? is it a good idea to make the drivers holes only at the last tage ?

I know it's a lot of question, I hope not too stupid, but I'm a comleate novice and would appriciate your help.

thanks in advance for any answer,
yuval
Old 6th April 2003, 01:08 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

I opted for the "chinese" XO with the notch filter. The truth is that either XO will sound great. I used screws/glue to get it as tight together as possible. I left the back un-glued so I couls remove the screws and make changes to the XO as I felt nessassary.

The tricky part for me was the binding posts. I'd invest in a decent set of posts/bracket.
I plan on doing the veneering as a last step. I'd like to get the cabinet sounding perfect before I close it up forever.

Hide this!Advertise here!