Yamaha NS-1000 Tweeters Wanted Urgently

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Many Thanks to Studiochap for his connection in Germany called QUAD Musikwiedergabe that will replace the voice coil. I have tried a few speaker repairers in melbourne & they said it couldn't be done or they said it was to difficult on the NS-1000's. I sent two tweeters today & they said it will take 10 days at a cost of 65 Euro each.

http://www.quad-musik.de/

If anyones interested

I will tell you all in about three weeks on there work

Hello.
The tweeterlist, as far as I know:
NS7 - JA 0581, beryllium
NS 10/10M - JA 0518, softdome
NS40M - JA 0589, softdome
NS 200M - JA 0540, titanium
NS 500 - JA 0544, beryllium
NS615 - JA 0510
NS645 - JA 0510
NS 690 - JA 0509, beryllium
NS1000 - JA 0513, beryllium
NS1000 - JA 3301, beryllium

Rumour has it that there is a Yamaha replacement for the JA0513.
Expensive, though, about 250 Euros each, ex VAT. In Sweden, that is..
Talk to Janne at http://www.technovox.se/

Cheers/:)

hugomac said:
Many Thanks to Studiochap for his connection in Germany called QUAD Musikwiedergabe that will replace the voice coil. I have tried a few speaker repairers in melbourne & they said it couldn't be done or they said it was to difficult on the NS-1000's. I sent two tweeters today & they said it will take 10 days at a cost of 65 Euro each.

http://www.quad-musik.de/

If anyones interested

I will tell you all in about three weeks on there work

Hi hugomac,

did you get the tweeters back already? How was it, how they sound?

I've got a pair of ns1000m too and looking for tweeters since the other started to distort pretty noticeably. Repairing seems a good option, these are hard to find indeed.

-Teemu

Spectrum77 said:
NS-1000M tweeters appear regularly on Ya*** auctions Japan. I could assist with purchase.

Hi Spectrum77,
that would be nice. Could you check out what they'll cost (approx)? Fo you know if there is crossovers for sale and what do they cost?

I actually got Genelec S45YA speakers, which are Yamaha ns1000m accommodated with Genelec s30 triamps to make them active monitors. Genelec made these for Finnish public radio in late 70's.

While I'm replacing the tweeters I'd like to recap and refurbish the amps too. I emailed Genelec and they said repairing and matching the amps costs about 300€ per speaker (all parts still in storage! except the drivers..). But I'll propably try to purchase the orginal ns1000m crossovers (propably a bit cheaper?) and drive these with other power amp.

I'd propably recap the crossovers, I'm mainly intrested for the attenuators and coils.

Thanks for help!

tmuikku- approx 10,000 - 20,000 yen for tweeters and the same for mids. They appear regularly and are advertised as 'working'.
Woofers around the same figure.
NS-1000 speaker series can found from 35,000 for poor condition, 45,000 for good, working condition up to 70,000+ for perfect condition specimens.

Does anybody clue what bad with this tweeters. It ussually disfunction on these speakers.
PS: Spectrum77: Im realy interesting in your offer, but I guess its almost impossible to ship complete boxes. Can you pls send your Email on my Email 8) Im new here so I cannot see it yet.

Hi Everybody,

The tweeters are finished & finally on their way back to Melbourne. They cost 330 Euros incl postage for the 2 Voice Coils to be replaced and luckily it was the coils that had gone. I will email you as soon as i hear them to compare the quality of the work but i'm sure there as good as new.

Hugomac

I got the tweeters back & after burning in for 100-200 hrs they're great. I have a newer one in the right side to compare them to & they're exactly the same, i can't say they were when i first got them as i was worried that they weren't fixed but after constant playing they got louder & clearer. Have just bought a B-2 so i'm extremely happy with the set-up. PX-2 & PS1 modded are next.
It took about 2 months from sending them to arriving & that was with 2 weeks travel time each way. Unless you can buy newish ones from Japan i'd get them repaired.
Cheers
Hugo

Surprisingly enough after listening to the CA-2010 for about a year in Class A i at first thought the B-2 wasn't that much better t didn't seem to have the crystal clear highs. I did have my CDP directly into the B-2 so could not have the treble or bass up but after a while the B-2 is amazing in its soundstage and the instruments are more realistic. Sorry i love the CA-2010 i will use it with some NS-10's in the future.

HUgo

Wow, it wasn't my tweeter making the distortion but the power amp!

It turns out that Genelec doesn't want to provide schematics nor measuring points for the amps so I'd like to toss those out and put orginal crossovers in. Spare parts are readily available from G and they could repair and calibrate the amps but it goes far too expensive I'm affraid...

Anybody has extra crossovers and attenuators for ns1000m's?:) I've been watching eBay for those but no luck with bidding yet. There is pair of crossovers atm but no attenuators withem...

Does anybody have info on the attenuators (or are they potentiometers)? I could put crossovers to external box, but liked still to have option to adjust mids and highs with replacements, just need specs.

Hi Teemu,

I've got a pair of NS2000 crossovers here. The attenuators are high quality Lpads.
It seems that these crossovers are a bit higher quality than the NS1000 crossovers (no elcaps).
I have the schematic of the NS2000 crossover here. I don't think that it differs from the NS1000 crossover, but let me know when so.
Regards,

Pieter (happy NS1000 owner and currently recapping a mint B2 :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.