DIY mini speaker project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's no way to add a subwoofer inside this unit, it would need to be external.

While it's possible to do a passive sub, you'll get much better performance with a powered one. The price differential on the Parts Express site was a buck or two.

You could easily add wires from the internal speakers to the plate amp speaker-level inputs without cutting a hole, just pass them out the back through the bass reflex port.

However, this unit will no doubt give far better bass as-is compared to the unit you showed earlier, possibly enough to satisfy without mods.

If you're up for a real fixup project, here's a unit with a built-in sub and a bit more power - just doesn't work :) http://www.stootsi.com/store/item.aspx?item=81433349

It's for an iPod, not a PSP, but you can always go the aux jack route...

I didn't say I was looking for a 2" though. I was looking at a 3" for the speakers I already had and was wondering what people thought of them. Sorry for the confusion. I may still end up reusing the current system I have for it (the pic I posted earlier is what it looks like) but may modify it so it can power a "sub." I also wanted to know where would be the best place to put it and if it was possible to put it in the case without building a separate enclosure and if it would fit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.