what towers would you get for $1000?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In my situation ofcourse. I am getting a temptest sub (vented) and a 300 watt plate amp to go with it. I also have to rear channels that will be bookshelf speakers. I am looking for 2 towers that handle highs and mids, but not really the lows because the tempest should be sufficient. I dont want the highs to be screaming, but i want a more smooth sound. Also, where would i get whatever you suggest. This is a broad question, but i know very little about home audio. I am a car audio guy. Also, the stereo will be primarily for stereo and for watching dvds.

thanks
james

Haven't heard much else but I'd go for the 601s if money in Canadian...701s if US price. Why? Because they do look cool and they sound cool. I've heard Polk...Cerwin and a few others and not too much touches these.

I can't wait to hear some Klipsch, energy, Mission, etc. in the spring...my demo date is coming soon!:nod:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.