Building a 2.1 system out of a 48"x96" sheet of 3/4" MDF - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th November 2008, 02:19 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Building a 2.1 system out of a 48"x96" sheet of 3/4" MDF

I've created a AutoCAD 2000 .dwg file showing the pieces that can be cut out of a 3/4" sheet of MDF to get 2x 0.375 ft^3 enclosures and 1x 2.9 ft^3 enclosure. Can anybody host this file for me?

Notes:

Outside dimensions for the satellites will be 8"x14"x9.5" (WHD). Outside dimensions for the sub will be 22"x22"x13.5" (WHD). I'm fairly confident the sub enclosure will be stable.

The sub enclosure will fit up to an 18" driver, but the mounting depth (assuming surface-mount, which is 99.5% of the time) must be less than about 10". Also, if you make it a ported box, you will need to fit the port yourself.

As far as bracing goes, I've added some for both the satellites and the sub. However, you need to make sure that the specified bracing layout will not interfere with the driver motors or baskets (should be a simple task with a jigsaw, router, or rotary saw).

As an aside, the driver cut-outs, dimensions and internal volume of the satellites happen to match those required by the Zaph Audio ZMV5...

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for totally screwing up your nice new sheet of MDF or for any other damages resulting from usage of this document. I have NOT tested this design yet. Do not operate power tools without adequate protection, etc.

Temporary download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/e66ngi

Hide this!Advertise here!