low-pass crossover suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the back of a cabinet with a standard plate amp and woofers. Notice the speaker level inputs are being used and that the speaker level outputs go back into the cabinet to run the drivers on the front. There is both a high and low pass filter built in. The low pass is adjustable as is the gain. It's cheaper than a 24dB passive XO's and give you all the versatility of a biamped system. You don't need anything else. The woofer runs off the wires on the back of the plate amp that you can't see because they are inside the cabinet behind the plate amp.

Attachments

• img_7948.jpg
    img_7948.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 237
This is what the front of that cabinet looks like. All three drivers are running off a passive XO inside the box from the speaker level outputs on the plate amp so only two wires run from your main amp to the speaker. The variable output of the speaker leads will increase the gain on the plate amp automatically so you set it where you want it and leave it. And yes, the drivers in the front are separated with a divider so it's actually two cabinets in one.

Attachments

• img_7945.jpg
    img_7945.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 210
Cal Weldon said:
Here is the back of a cabinet with a standard plate amp and woofers. Notice the speaker level inputs are being used and that the speaker level outputs go back into the cabinet to run the drivers on the front. There is both a high and low pass filter built in. The low pass is adjustable as is the gain. It's cheaper than a 24dB passive XO's and give you all the versatility of a biamped system. You don't need anything else. The woofer runs off the wires on the back of the plate amp that you can't see because they are inside the cabinet behind the plate amp.

I think I will go with a subwoofer plate amp with crossover. I'm looking into quality units available in europe that can take the speaker leads.

I didn't know such option existed, silly me never looked into sub amps. The low pass adjustable filter is also positive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.