Blown tweeter Revel Saoln

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys I need some help. I have a pair of Revel Salons. Recently one of the front tweeters stopped working, I removed it ordered a new one and installed it, no luck it did'nt work, the new tweeter works because I tested it but not in the speaker. I spoke to Revel and they thought it was the resistor board that controls the volume to the tweeter, I ordered one replaced it, still no luck so I tested the capacitors on the crossover there are three of them. There was continunity across two of them but not on one. I was under the impression that they all should show continunity so I replaced the one that didn't, still the tweeter does not work, also there are four crossovers in the speaker. Could anybody suggest a solution to my problem. Thank you very much.
Ian

Hi
You could troubleshoot by comparing the measurements to the working tweeter crossover. Disconect the tweeters and other inputs as they can effect the measurment.
Caps (out of circuit) measure open on high ohms settings. Caps rarely go bad esp 2 at once.
If you need more help. Take a picture top and bottom of the board(s).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.