Vertical WTMW driver alignment - pros and cons

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found a pair of Accuton C79-8 midrange drivers on Ebay at far below the cost of new C79-6s and couldn't resist...

I have a quad of "classic" ScanSpeak 18W/8535 midbasses sitting in storage that I'd like to use with the Accutons in sealed cabinets to sit atop stereo subs already in use. The subs are 16 inches tall, constraining possible driver alignments for the proposed speakers, as the system will be designed for seated listeners. I've no space to put the proposed speakers beside the subs.

A tmww alignment puts even the midrange driver slightly above ear height.

A wtmw alignment can put the midrange/tweeter at ear height, with a midbass ctc acceptable for 300-600 Hz crossover point to the C79.

This is an unconventional driver alignment, so I need your help with understanding its drawbacks.

I figure two of the 15g Mms ScanSpeaks will keep up much better with the C79 midrange, but if using one per side makes more sense than a wtmw alignment let me know.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience on this one!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.