Driving the Dayton III - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2003, 06:56 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Driving the Dayton III

I am an extreme newbie who is building the Dayton III MTM speakers. I am also interested in building an amplifier to drive these speakers, but I have no clue what to look for/where to look. Anyone have a link to a *very* well documented amp project or a kit that would be suitible for these speakers? I'd also like some info on *how* to determine what sort of amp would be suitable if someone wants to help educate me. Thanks!
Old 2nd April 2003, 07:09 PM   #2
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

ESP P3A. I have this combination in my living room and it sounds great. Especially with Alison Kraus & Union Station.
www.sound.au.com
Old 3rd April 2003, 02:29 AM   #3
Account Disabled

I drive my DIII's with a gainclone, and it sounds great. Unfortunatley, the amp distorts before the speakers clip, but this is when it gets pretty loud. If you are looking for concert level, this may not be the ticket, but it is a very nice sounding amp, better sounding than my outlaw 1050.

-Paul Hilgeman

Hide this!Advertise here!