Naming notepad files to *.frd and *.zma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some data in Microsoft notepad that I would like to convert into *.frd and *.zma files. It is raw CLIO data that I downloaded from the Parts Express website for a few drivers.

How do I rename the file extension? It does not give me an option to save it as an *.frd or *.zma file. How can I do this? Do I need another program that will properly format the data? I would like to import it into Speaker Workshop for crossover work. Thanks.

I read an article on the FRD Consortium about FRD files and it looks like the contents of my file is formatted correctly per the article.

I tried to right click and rename the file, however, it does not let me change the file extension. Am I missing something?

:confused:

Make sure you don't have "Hide extensions for known file types" checked in Folder Options. Otherwise, you'll just be renaming the file name with an extension in it, and it won't do anything. You can get to Folder Options in Control Panel, or by going to any drive/directory and clicking the Tools menu.

edit: oops, I was posting while you did. Anyway, do this, it should work. :)

At this point I am reworking a bookshelf speaker design. I have plans to redo the speaker cabinet since the one it was in was not optimal (too small). I could get better bass extension in a larger vented design.

I figured while I am at it, I might as well look at the crossover design as well since it seems to be a bit "bright" after doing some listening tests. I have never used Speaker Workshop before so this might give me an excuse to learn how to use it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.