Oris Swing discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Avantgardes

Oris said:
Gerner,

I do not quiet understand why you point out every detail you can think of out in the open, you could have emailed me the same as this is for me the first time you elaborate about your thoughts like this and from which several of them I have to disagree...

I will email you those details. We had PM enough between each other about this topics and you just hear for the third of forth time. But now in the open.

Perhaps you might think that certain issues are the truth but I feel that you are starting to believe your own words or you are defending those made public beforehand and not to loose face.

It would be fun for the guys here to look over our shoulders to see us fight but I do not see the point to enjoy them as they have nothing to learn from that. Therefore I will refuse to discuss this matter in detail on this or any other forum...

Bert

Loose face...ha.. I have no face to loose in privat or in public, Berdy.

And finally before bed time and a long jouney in front of me in a few hours: to *you* Bert. I can heartly breath anymore.
Is it the first time I do that, the same goes for you Buddy. No you did it twice.

To get things of the chest in the *Open* does not reflect what we got of our chest in the *Closed*!

We have broken our contacts between each other according to agreement unknown to anybody. Through the mail box we own.
We banned each other on the mail box. Have you a short memory since you stopped smoking?

So you are welcome to post all e-mails between us here and there, whatever you prefer. Show it all.

Of course I defend my own contributions to your speakers. As what only some knows you, yourself, told the actually truth to 6moons in writing to Srajan Ebaen and a possible review was to come in my place, you, yourself, told that in writing to them, without me interfering, the DIY guy from Serbia or Denmark, the Swings would not exist without me, and reading that afterwords it was uploaded on 6moons for some days, you told them I was a moron who had hardly anything to do with them. They, those Swings, were made solely by you. I had that upload erased from 6moons , remenber? What a confusion you made at the board there. And I received very unpleasent mails from 6moons that made the confusion here!!!!!! How can I contests when you call to them and afterwords inderectly ask I should lie about it in a planned review???????????????????

I kicked out the review on those terms, paid the tickets for Srajan and his wife to Serbia for this ****.. Arranged this and that. You did not or could not be here to deffend your so called own speakers, or dog walks excuses. An opportunity you missed my friend. But you could maybe not integrate that in your business concept..what do I know?

There and exactly there you made a terrible mistake. Regretting your, in a mail, in your own words in writing telling them them the truth. But after they uploaded the facts, *called* them to say it was all a lie. My God what a turnaround you decided for.

What do you think it created of chaos here when 6moons made their Serbian road tour and you were friendly invited in that even I do not produce those speakers? But you first told them I was respoinsible for the Swings and second not.

Take a deep breath Bert and concider this as a abuse of friendship.

I think it's about time to close this original RMAF thread moderators.
With all true respect and good night.

Gerner

gerner said:

What is it you want to copy? The Swings and all the work laid into a commercial speaker.?
DIY ..U know...

Copying is not DIY, well except just copying a tube amp exposed. And there is still no way to copy it, even a Chinese can confirm.

Leave Bert a little peace as he did nothing wrong to you, as he is not guilty for all this. And how can anyone claim his speakers exposed.
I underline again I will not expose that design to anyone as a promise is a promise.

So the Swings commercials is on a DIY forum..hmm...maybe a bad choise. *I* made that **** intefering with my first post. As The Swings are noting less than a DIY ....commercialiced. But it

i love it.

Gerner

Variac said:
Gerner , Janneman said nothing about copying anything. If you can't post without making these accusations you shouldn't post.

:captain:

Then press tab *ban button*. It's now over dead time here.

If I'm not banned while doing my real job, You all will hear from me again. And i can do up for misunderstandings in this horse race of postings.

So hear you or not..?

Gerner

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Gerner, your a stand up guy who worked or works with audio greats such as Steen Dueland, Aleks and of course myself. Not sure about that last one but that's your character flaw not mine :D

Hope you stick around on here and show the folks some of the things you are working on.

I have to admit I'm lost here . What exactly you guys want from BD Design?
Personaly I'm not very fond of Oris concept . Heard it few times and didn't like it that much , tried something simmilar and failed but my hat off to BD Design for showing horns to masses and greatly helping with horn revival. They are really an eye opener for someone who is used to "monkey coffins" . And OBI please don't patronize here. Even if the Swings are flawed in some way or another (I did not hear them ) they should be light years ahead of what you had painted in your garden ( very nicely I have to admit:D
If anything I find the price of Swing as being too low judging for how much some dreck is going for. I'd suggest double or triple it and some rewieving ***** in phile or obsolete sound might get attracted .
Regards to all.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
limono said:
They are really an eye opener for someone who is used to "monkey coffins" . And OBI please don't patronize here. Even if the Swings are flawed in some way or another (I did not hear them ) they should be light years ahead of what you had painted in your garden ( very nicely I have to admit:D

/Yawn/

Its almost as if you threw that in there just so I'd notice you. Your less than worthless opinion is noted.

Now go embarrass yourself in front of someone else.

I want to know the secrets of the BMS driver :).

limono said:
I have to admit I'm lost here . What exactly you guys want from BD Design?
Personaly I'm not very fond of Oris concept . Heard it few times and didn't like it that much , tried something simmilar and failed but my hat off to BD Design for showing horns to masses and greatly helping with horn revival. They are really an eye opener for someone who is used to "monkey coffins" . And OBI please don't patronize here. Even if the Swings are flawed in some way or another (I did not hear them ) they should be light years ahead of what you had painted in your garden ( very nicely I have to admit:D
If anything I find the price of Swing as being too low judging for how much some dreck is going for. I'd suggest double or triple it and some rewieving ***** in phile or obsolete sound might get attracted .
Regards to all.

winslow said:
I want to know the secrets of the BMS driver :).

I have packed my gear for a longer business trip. That might cool everything down about BMS, Swings and Bert and and and and..looks to me that my personallity and a few others here can heat up some other personalities...

Secrets in a BMS driver...there are none. Can life be more easy then...

It's just to read the Subject here from the beginning and end up about this page ...it's a driver available to all. Some like it some not. Som can handle it and maybe some cannot?

Guys like Bert and me invested quite some time to conclude, yes it can work perfectly well and on top offer point source wide freq usage. Meassuring it to death........just for fun I think, as it was always our ears that told us what to look after to get it on spot.

A thing that I'm sure both Bert and I agree 100% on.

We two guys took a dispute here about who did what and then what? It doesn't change things much. At least it didn't improve sound or degraded it.
The measurement requesters can buy a BMS driver and throw a horn on top of it and measure, measure and measure...life goes on.

Some wants data facts, scientific curves, for what purpose I don't know and some heard those speakers some not. Some owns them and most not. What will it all lead to?

I don't like it.

I like it very much.

And so showed this thread it to be as well.

I posted I like them those Swings and also that they don't come easy. A price is a price, just like Cognac has different price tags.

I'm not exactly a Cognac DIY so I buy what i can afford and according to taste.

This pricing talks is an isue wether we are DIY or not. Everything has a price. A DIY guy also pays for what he buys, even we might not be aware of the soldering iron is an over priced thing..if it is? And the beefsteak we buy in the supermarket might as well be?

Is oil overpriced...sell your car and take walk. Isn't it so fellas.

Many here wants a free dinner in the audio world, but wants proves that the dinner is served in 3 star Michelin restaurant.

C'mon friends... :smash:

Well however it is, it was exiting to visit your community and now over to something else...

Cheers
Gerner

Variac said:
This disagreement between Gerner and Bert doesn't belong here. We don't like arguments that spill over from over forums or even "real Life" as we have no way or interest in judging who is at fault, if anyone. Any more accusations will be punished.
:captain:

I absolutely agree that accusations do not belong on any public forums, even more if these are not the truth...

Please allow me to respond to Gerner's last allegations with a quote from my writings to 6moons for background information being different than mentioned by Gerner and being different than the actual publication at 6moons proudly spread by Gerner himself to all his friends and contacts before I had any change to respond to that publication beforehand.

Document with background information send by me to 6Moons

The Oris Swing MkII system is originally a custom designed and build system for Gerner Christensen. This system is based on many years of experience of both Bert and Gerner trying to create the most accurate sound with the least compromise, good functionality and great looks.

Gerner (DIY-er for many years) was building his loudspeaker systems rather differently than Bert’s philosophy where both were seeking for the holy grail. Being friends with Steen Duelund for many years helped Gerner to learn all about loudspeaker crossover techniques (rather different than commonly used) where phase coherence and the whole acting as a point source is the key to success. Using full-range drivers is for most people giving just that which for them compromises the faults these drivers have.

Bert’s philosophy is basically the same but then wanting to have a very high sensitivity and dispersion control on top of that. Not to play as loud as possible but to grab all the details, create perfect imaging and maximal dynamics to recreate reality instead of a dull sound giving a fuzzy illusion of the recording.

Using full-range drivers is not good enough anymore for Bert, too many limitations in both the low- and high frequencies so it was necessary to use multiple drivers and this is where Gerner’s crossover techniques and Bert’s philosophy came together.

Temporarily part of the publication at 6Moons

Even though BD Design is a Dutch manufacturer, Gerner Christensen as we shall see is quite involved with certain key BD Design model evolutions. And he does make Serbia his home. He would be my co-host on this tour for a day. Or as Gerner put it: "Now Nenad, Solaja and I have to shuffle the cards a bit for the sake of the whole arrangement here in Belgrade. You will learn from Bert Doppenberg that these speakers of mine, which have now been commercialized via agreement by BD Design, were from the beginning my own idea from A to Z. I customized the speakers to optimize filtering and time alignment issues and added some more good speaker cabinet medicine. This created a close working collaboration between Bert and I which took 4 years due to the long physical distance separating us. My speaker building career has lasted almost 40 years and hundreds of models were designed and made by my own hands. Nowadays I don't have a big workshop as I did when I lived in Denmark. Therefore I'm forced to outsource all machining and tooling. And yes, I'm Danish and know all the guys up there."

The above publication forced me to call 6moons and asked them to change the facts and gave them several suggestions (agreed with Gerner as he before agreed with the information send to 6moons!) but 6Moons could not change simply because the visit to Gerner would then not have been appropriate as part of the Serbian Tour where Serbian manufacturers were going to be reviewed.

So 6moons' visit to Gerner was canceled and the publication was removed.

I do not know what hurts the most but in a way I am glad that I did not get that review in 6moons which would then have been based on wrong assumptions.

Bert

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ShinOBIWAN said:

/Yawn/

Its almost as if you threw that in there just so I'd notice you. Your less than worthless opinion is noted.

Now go embarrass yourself in front of someone else.

so - I previously meant that you just have lack of sense for humor ;

now is obvious (just now - at least to me , because I didn't frequent thread about your certainly gorgeous speakers ) that you lack few other things .
politeness ?

ring a bell ?

gerner said:

Guys like Bert and me invested quite some time to conclude, yes it can work perfectly well and on top offer point source wide freq usage. Meassuring it to death........just for fun I think, as it was always our ears that told us what to look after to get it on spot.

A thing that I'm sure both Bert and I agree 100% on.

I think you should start talking less about me, about the Swings, about yourself and what we "both" did as 99% of the measuring work and tweaks applied to the BMS drivers and Swings were done by me, I only showed you progress by email as my friend or should I say customer...

You only have heard 3 versions of the >50 versions tried.

Puhh..

Please shut up and stop promoting yourself.

Bert

Wow you go away for a couple days and look what happens. :D

Let me say for the record I have absolutely no interest in "copying" the swing. It was Gerner that first mentioned this idea by stating that it couldn't be done. Nobody was planning to try, but that statement caught the attention of many of us who believe speakers are a science not a religion. I do not believe in magic, anything going on inside the speaker can be understood and quantified. This idea that asking for measurements is so we can "copy" the speaker shows a complete lack of understanding about speaker design. You can not copy a speaker from it's measurements any more than you can build a BMW just because you find it's it 0-60 time and gas mileage data. Ridiculous. It also shows a lot of arrogance that you automatically assume everyone wants to copy your speaker. Frankly my first impression was that they're just another bunch of audiophile BS but I was trying to be polite and at least look at the measurements first to see if it was designed with any science at all or if it's all "extreme caps", fancy wiring, and other audiophile voodoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.