Any experience with Monacor SPH300-KE ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm searching a good 12" kewlar or carbon, and SPH300-KE seems to me a sort of ETON at half price :D
It will must be filtered at 250- 300 Hz ala Thiel ( 6dB/oct).
Do you think it is a good driver? Is it well "punchy" ?
Frequency response looks good on the monacor datasheet, maybe too much beautiful to be true :confused:
Any comment will be very appreciated :)

Cheers,
Paolo

Hi interal,

I am just busy to fabricate speakers for my colleague. If you didn't notice high-end Dáppolito topic.my project

I just send back both monacor SPH250CTC. You can hear the voice coil rub and tick the pole piece damaged due transport or fabrication failure.

But what I did notice Monacor claims 200W nom. and 300 muzik power.
But the truht is the chassis reaches its X-max at 20 Watt. :eek:
It did work down to 18Hz do very nice performance.

So i did check up the sph300ke and I thought it was 80 watt when it reaches x-max.

This is what I mean the X-maxes off sph250 and 300.

Attachments

• monacor.jpg
    monacor.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 247
Thanks Helmuth,

Nice project.
It is a pity for the voice coil.......I hope you 'll more lucky with the next woofer !
I'm not so interested in subwoofer performances; I'm searching a punchy bass , strong and fast :D
If someone has a Hobby-hify test report for the frequency response measured......:cannotbe:

Cheers,
Paolo

inertial said:

I'm not so interested in subwoofer performances; I'm searching a punchy bass , strong and fast :D
If someone has a Hobby-hify test report for the frequency response measured......:cannotbe:

Cheers,
Paolo
Then you are looking for a horn sub.:D

I have build a backloaded horn with 4 ti100 visaton active two way.
Extreme fast impulse gave a transparent sound.
See this one
horn
hoorney.jpg

Helmuth said:
Hi interal,

I just send back both monacor SPH250CTC. You can hear the voice coil rub and tick the pole pies damaged due transport or fabrication failure.

I had similar problems with a Monacor SP-165GI... suspension of the cone was not correctly glued to the chassis.... sent back... another week waiting... :bawling:
Monacor makes me crazy, and I suspect that frequency response curve (and other data) are not so correct.
For testing, I'm trying to build something to connect to a PC soundcard, but I have some problems in calibrating a normal mic....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.