Early Bose speaker value?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have searched high and low and have not found anything on the internet or here.
i have a friend who is in his 70's that has from new the following items, i will try to get pictures as soon as possible.:

bose 2201 loudspeakers 4 total.
( i have flipped them over and seen the I.D. plates)
excellent condition, factory repaired some time ago( they shipped them back in some accoustimass boxes)

and 1 pair of bose 901 series 1
i did not look at the tag on these , i need to ask him if he has a amp? that came with or was purchased with them.

as he is old he wants to sell off his older equipment so i am helping him out, he also has some older fisher speakers and a mcintosh pre amp from that era as well.
any help on the bose would be appreciated.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The Bose 2201 is extremely rare, these were made only for a year (1966) and pre-date the 901 by a couple of years. I recollect the story was that only about 20 (more or less) of these were ever made - so you have some definite Bose history there. You might want to contact Bose and find out whether they might potentially be interested in acquiring them.

In any case they were quite expensive by the standards of the day.. You could certainly put them on Audiogon or eBay as historically interesting speaker systems.

And they appear to be in very good condition, a plus for collectors.

Of the equipment shown they are by far the most unique. Don't be misled by the serial # either - I don't think they actually started at 0. Bose was a tiny company with just a couple of employees when these were put together. (This is their very first, and not commercially successful audio product.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.