Montreal's Festival Son & Image

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Saturday I was at the Montreal's Festival son et image.

It was simply amazing, 14 floors of the best audio material ever.

Among the 4 best speakers I heard there, 3 were using full range drivers, the fourth one was the well known Cabasse Kara [Pic].

I was really marked by 1 speaker, the RL acoustique Lampipe. This speaker simply had perfect mids. (www.rlacoustique.com)

It was a TL using a full range driver wich looked like the Fostex FE166E. (and yes, those are Tenor audio amps) [pic]

I also admired a back loaded horn wich simply was awsome, those were some piano notes I will never forget (Somehow I managed to forget the name of the speaker :( ) It was using something like this AER driver.

http://www.aer-loudspeakers.com/mk2.htm

I tryed finding the MK-2 drivers, I only could come up with the MK-1 drivers at $2500 per pair :scratch: .

And the last one was the Loth-x : Ambience [Pic]. The guitar solo I heard on this speaker was too realistic to be true. I was there not beleiving what I was hearing. Anyone knows what driver is this?

I think my next project will be the Back loaded horn proposed by fostex on their website using their FE166E. I just need money hehe.

btw, anyone knows why the Reps R-1 drivers are $7500 per pair??

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 758
I remember that this system did sound very good (the last pic I posted, the one using the Shanling CD player).

I can't tell you for sure that it was the cd player making that great sound, or the very good record, or the speakers/amp.
I remember the vocals did sound very natural.

But I can say for sure that this cd player sure looks damn good :)

This one too,

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 605
Belles photos man!

I went to the show Friday and was disappointed. Too many peoples and too many similar products.

I agree with you, these full range loudspeakers were very interesting. I foun this one also very interesting:

Attachments

• abby1.jpg
    abby1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 563
Belles photos man!

I went to the show Friday and was disappointed. Too many peoples and too many similar products.

I agree with you, these full range loudspeakers were very interesting. I foun this one also very interesting:

Thanks!

I didnt go friday because I expected to see too much people, and some unready companies.
But even saturday there was alot of people, and some irrespectful ones just couldn't stop talking and laughing in the rooms when some of us were concentrating on the music, I just hate that....

I was looking forward to hear the Arro but Totem decided to show some other models.

Some 4" woofer / 19mm tweeter floorstanding speakers like the Opera Pavarotti threw me off my chair.

Heres a pic of the Arro

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 569
There was also this amplifier wich surprised me. It was using LM4765T and this Anagram Power Loop. http://www.anagramtech.com/down/powerloopproductbrief.pdf
And didnt sound bad at all!
The one showed in the pic is the Monoblock 250 watts, the stereo one is the exact same internal structure.

The LM4765T are stereo 30 watts into 8 ohm with Mute function. I havn't seen them in many diy designs.

Heres a pic of the amp internal structure.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 596
Ilianh said:

Thanks!

I didnt go friday because I expected to see too much people, and some unready companies.
But even saturday there was alot of people, and some irrespectful ones just couldn't stop talking and laughing in the rooms when some of us were concentrating on the music, I just hate that....

Oh yeah, I have seen this. Stupid people that can not stop talking. This is not the place to compare your latest state-of-the-art gettho blaster against a 50 000$ speaker... I will stop there :)

I was looking forward to hear the Arro but Totem decided to show some other models.

Some 4" woofer / 19mm tweeter floorstanding speakers like the Opera Pavarotti threw me off my chair.

Heres a pic of the Arro [/B]

They make more money on the other model :) My version 2 of the clone will be very close to these one.

Have you Ilianh more pictures about 'LM4765T and Anagram Power Loop' system?

Or does any one have any amplfier which uses LM4765?

Nope, sorry, those were the only pics I had of this amp.
But I think I'll experiment with those ic's, I have around 10 of them, might end up being something good.

I'm interested in the Anagram Power Loop. I searched and didnt find anything "diy" that had any relations to it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.