Sony SS-M3 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Newbie here at this forum and to diy speaker building. Being a novice (actually first time build) I need some suggestions. Picked up some Sony ss-m3 crossovers, no drivers, or cabinets. Other than knowing these were sealed,non parallel enclosures this is the extent of my knowledge. Vifa, Peerless? 4ohm/8ohm?
I have some Polk Audio R10 5 1/4 4 ohm raw drivers I would like to use.Poly mica cones, rubber surrounds,50rms/100 peak, 80-4000hz.87 db 2.83v/1m. Previously unassembled cabs are 3/4 mdf w/1 1/2" baffles.7"w x 24"h x 8"d (outside dimensions)no holes cut and 2 internal braces/dividers per cab.
WTW or WWT configuration? Realizing that these x-overs are for a sealed cab and these drivers are normally used in ported cabs will this present a problem? Will my smaller cabs/drivers "choke" the properties of the x-overs? Yeah I know I picked quite the complex project to start with and with my limited knowledge it is pretty much a shot in the dark.
I had previously purchased the drivers (8@ 6.00 each) 2 cabs (10.00 each) x-overs (20.00 pair)As you can see this is a shoestring build. Still have no tweeters.
Any and all suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Grumpops

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.