newbie question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all
i am thinking of building a pair of speakers in the near future and have done some reading and listening but have become confussed.
i love the sound of quad 63's but they are out of my price range in addition i like the dynamics presented by some of the kef/tannoy drivers.
the problems i have are -
1. the wife factor - most of the kef/tannoy speakers got the thumbs down ' they looked borring '
2. the room is L shaped and we sit at the far end of the L,the speakers point down the room with the dog leg to their left,which makes it a tad difficult to either have a centre image or have a wide sound stage.can have one but not the other ( unless i am setting up incorrectly - pointers welcome )
3. i would like a less sweet spot sensitive speaker so i dont have to 'fight 'for the spot.

is it possible have good combination of both and still pass the wife test.
am using callas operettas (mk1 with inverted tweeter) with a kit88 amp from wad ( 6550 in pp producing 34w's into class a).
thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.