Cross brace not working

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PINKMOUSE; SORRY FOR BLOWING THE COBWEBS OUT, BUT BY WAY OF EXPLANATION, I HAD A STROKE NOT ALL THAT LONG AGO SO IHAVE NOT THE FULL USE OF MY LEFT HAND, SO THAT I TEND TO USE CAPS LOCK FOR CAPITALS, AND THEN FORGET TO TURN IT OFF WHEN NO LONGER NEEDED, ;) :att'n: :goodbad: SORRY:devily: TJB

I had a look at the article you mentioned Qwad - worth a read and interesting comments about the bass response of the Spendor BC1s. I have some 3mm felt and bituminous damping goo which I will be using in a constrained layer damping application for the plinth of my bass speaker. I'm hoping that this will absorb vibration on the way into the suspended floor of my house. We'll see soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions for taking actual measurements of cabinet vibration? I thought maybe of getting a cheap guitar pickup and measuring the output with a multimeter, or maybe even recording to it and playing it back. Better ideas...?

Mick

DUNNO, I seem to recall, VANCE DICKASON, giving some method in his book, there is one up o OZ EBAY AT THE MOMENT, alternativelytry your local library, they may have one in the reference section, in which case they may not let you take it out, only read it in the library, hope this helps... from memory his method was a little similar to what you propose, and it might hust work:nod: cheers:
Tjb:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.