Shaker sub.??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in a rented house, and have no room for another sub for HT inside and obviously cannot port a sub through the floor or wall.

Has anyone tried to attach a sealed sub firmly under a wooden floor but with no actual hole, ie a sealed section behind the driver and a sealed section between the driver and the floor?
I imagine it would behave something like a shaker if attached under the seating position. ??

I don't think this would usually work very well at all, especially if the driver was sealed from behind. Ever completely blocked the port on a bandpass subwoofer? Almost nothing can be heard, even at high volumes. The woofer needs to vibrate the surrounding air and have room to breathe. Why not just get one or two ButtKicker LFE's?

Moondog55 said:
Andy threre's always room for "just one more subwoofer dear; PLEASE ":angel: :angel:

you are right. If i change bedrooms, I can put more speakers in th other room (it doesn't have a built-in wardrobe so I will have an extra wall available., this in turn will free up some space in the lounge room...I hope.. :xeye:

there is , of course, the problem of having drivers in the cupboard for 4-5 more speakers... .......... :cannotbe:

BHTX said:
I don't think this would usually work very well at all, especially if the driver was sealed from behind. Ever completely blocked the port on a bandpass subwoofer? Almost nothing can be heard, even at high volumes. The woofer needs to vibrate the surrounding air and have room to breathe. Why not just get one or two ButtKicker LFE's?

I want the room shaking, not just the seat ! :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.