EV Eliminator Rebuild

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've come into the possession of two completely abused EV Eliminator PA speakers. Three of the four drivers are blown.

I could have the blown woofer reconed, and replacing the diaphrams for the tweeter would be an easy job.

I'd like to use these as high efficiency kid proofed beater home speakers. So I have to ask. If bring these guys back to spec will they be suitable for my 10watt tube amp? PA speakers can sound a bit harsh at low levels if I'm not mistaken.

I could replace the 15 inch woofers with something entirely different as well and then perhaps fit a board of MDF into the space where the high freq horn would live and mount mid and high freq drivers.

I'm thinking the rebuild option is the way to go.

Eliminator 1B

hmelendez@intercable.netI just rebuilt a pair of 1979 Eliminator 1B and i am interested in having another pair, do you still have yours?

Attachments

• Eliminator Party 014.jpg
    Eliminator Party 014.jpg
    664.3 KB · Views: 108
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.