Free modified AR3a "improved" crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If anyone could have some interest?

Free schematic crossover at: www.diagrammer.hobbysider.dk

And press the button "AR3a"

The attached file may be to small to read.

Find special resistors at the same site.

rgds

Attachments

• ar3a improved_schematic.jpg
    ar3a improved_schematic.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 460
Ditto what Scott Valley stated.

As an aside, I'm always interested in seeing the various mods for the AR3a speakers. It's also nice to know that there are others that evidently share this interest and feel that the "Classic" AR's are still able to deliver the goods.

Best Regards,
TerryO

Best sound of all!

TerryO,

Hi TerryO,

I have had a lot of speakers in the past - JBL 2203, 2213H, 128 H, 124 a , and others , Infinity Kappa 7 , IMF transmission line TLS80, KEF Coda, B139 , Tannoy dual Concentric, and many more. Still the AR9 , in my opinion, beats them all ! The punch and the perspective, places the AR9 in a category for them selves!
I use the AR3a because of the space I have available today , and they do the job great. I still wonder how they did it with the 11" woofer? - have been looking very closely to the "soft" cone of the AR 11" woofer, and the fibers is placed geometrical 90 degree on each other like many others. The softness of the cone must have something to do with the "break up" and the acoustic suspension. I need further messurements in 3D scope before I know for sure.

Bottom line is: " Never heard a 11" woofer with the same punch"!

Try "Dead Set" Grateful Dead in vinyl - you will not be dissapointed!

That's why I am making my "personal" AR3a "Improved"

Rgds

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.