Pairing the Seas Magnum with the E0045 woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been thinking of building a 2 way using an 8" woofer for some time and I'm not going to lie, asthetics play a role almost tantamount to acoustics. After seeing the new bifrost kit, I fell in love with the new drivers. I have been listening to my Odin mark I's for almost ten years and am very happy with them, my only complaint being I wouldn't mind if they were a tiny bit brighter....

So, I found the e0045, a very attractive 8" paper cone. High sensitivity and a flat response curve de boot. I quite like the sound of a paper cone, I had a set of B&W's with a paper cone woofer years ago and loved there punch. The magnum tweeter is visually stunning, and it's low crossover ability makes it appealing with the 8" woofer and shares it's high sensitivity.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? I have no real love of crossover design, so a leap design would be purchased. Anyone with experience with that? Can you communicate your musical preferences and mounting alignment with madisound to come up with a decent design? I'm not going to lie, just going with the bifrost kit would be easier, but I really want to design a 8" 2 way with the woofer above.

Thanks for reading my novel, any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

josh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.