High-end 3 way dáppolito with aluminiumcone - Page 6 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th October 2008, 03:14 PM   #51
diyAudio Member

You see the diffirence just by looking at it when you hold it against the light,you see the light coming trough the Gamma foam.The damping of pritex is much higher you can realy hear it.You can mail me than we could write in dutch.
Old 26th October 2008, 04:34 PM   #52
diyAudio Member

I think the foam must be open cell type and of reasonable density to be an effective absorber.
Illbruck's Sonex* Pyramid stype acoustic foam has a density of 0,5 to 0.7 lbs/cu. ft. and doesn't do much absorbtion below 500 hz. Above that it improves quickly from .5 to about 1 in the 4-5 kHz range.

See http://www.illbruck-sonex.com/pdfs/P...SNXpyramid.pdf

* Illbruck is a long recognized leader in the manufacture of acoustic foam panels.
Old 29th October 2008, 06:56 PM   #53
Helmuth is offline Helmuth  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Both chassis sph250ctc are send back to Monacor. Hope they will respond whit a new set. Because these one's a can't use.

I have to wait a wile.

Greetz, Helmuth
Old 31st October 2008, 11:33 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

hi helmut i look your project and that is interesting for me, what you say about dt-25n, ms-150, sph-250ctc for speaker system. Ms-150 maybe better beacouse it is close construction
Old 31st October 2008, 04:31 PM   #55
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kukuruku
hi helmut i look your project and that is interesting for me, what you say about dt-25n, ms-150, sph-250ctc for speaker system. Ms-150 maybe better beacouse it is close construction
Why ms150 for that price mutch nicer chassis are to find. I do not restrict my self to monacor.

And witch frequency you want to filter?
Old 31st October 2008, 07:26 PM   #56
diyAudio Member

I want made active system with Balance input, frequency at active crossover 350Hz, 2500Hz. price 17.7euro middle choise and ms-150 have matching closed volume dampened - we are haven't problem with midrange driver ,
Can't lowrange interact at midrange then we need to additional correct system
Old 31st October 2008, 08:02 PM   #57
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I want made active system with Balance input, frequency at active crossover 350Hz, 2500Hz.

price 17.7euro middle choise and ms-150 have matching closed volume dampened - we are haven't problem with midrange driver , Can't lowrange interact at midrange then we need to additional correct system
If you want high quality balanced input amplifiers see here. Super low distortion.
http://www.bmm-electronics.com/Produ...roduct_ID=4709

I don't want to filter at 2500Hz. Phase fault, sound pressure level variation interference distortion. And that all in the part where the ears are the most sensitive.

I will filter in a aria were the sensitivity of our ear has reduced largely.

Here the figure of our hearing. And I have marked the aria where I don't want to filter.

That is why it is very important to find a High quality midrange driver because this aria is our ear the most sensitive.

So the midrange driver makes or brakes the response of your system IMO.

Regards Helmuth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gevoeligheid oor gebied.jpg (59.8 KB, 1557 views)
Old 31st October 2008, 08:14 PM   #58
diyAudio Member

If you want high quality balanced input amplifiers see here. Super low distortion.
http://www.bmm-electronics.com/Prod...Product_ID=4709
Thankyou for the propouse, i will make balance, active crossover and amplifier (lm3886) myself
Old 31st October 2008, 10:06 PM   #59
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thankyou for the propouse, i will make balance, active crossover and amplifier (lm3886) myself
When your searching for a very good low price midrange from monacor I advise you The msh115. Nice flat response up to 10kHz.

Click the image to open in full size.

And as tweeter a ribbon rbt95sq. Not expensive top performance above 5kHz. (I advise 8kHz.)

I hope I help you with this tip Kukuruku .
Old 1st November 2008, 06:52 PM   #60
diyAudio Member

the ears are sensitive to diferent sound presure level ( msh115 and rbt95sq). that situation needed second additional corect - i look way where is easy speaker system (box and speaker)

Hide this!Advertise here!