High-end 3 way dáppolito with aluminiumcone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I am building I can look for hours to it.:D

DSCF0228.jpg

These quality loudspeaker poles I like no bling bling no-nonsense.

DSCF0230.jpg

Hello,

I've got some problems here:cannotbe:, I order two monacor subs by bmm-elektronics.

After ordering I pay direct with Ideal. The order was send 2.5week later.

Direct was clear one sub was defective the second seemed OK but after testing it in the box this week it has the same problems as the first one. :bawling: Manufacturing fault or transport damage on the outside they look ok.

I will keep you updated with the Guaranty completion of BMM. Till now I send one back and send after that three emails without reaction:confused:

Till then the project stops.

Helmuth, sorry to hear of your driver problems...

if they persist, perhaps a different driver?

Monacor drivers are reputably excellent , considering their price. Not sure what else is available in Europe that may be similar (brands available here vs. there are different....).

In what way are they defective? if just dustcap glue. you can peel the dustcaps off (usually) and replace or re-glue them.

What is the calculated volume for the sub enclosure?

stew

Re: Helmuth, sorry to hear of your driver problems...

Nanook said:
Monacor drivers are reputably excellent , considering their price...
In what way are they defective? if just dustcap glue. you can peel the dustcaps off (usually) and replace or re-glue them.

Is it common for these drivers to be found defective? Or did he just have some really bad luck? :confused:

Didnt he say it is sitting off-center and rubs the pole piece?

The nett enclosure volume is 68 liter.

Listing to to sub it actually did have response down to 26Hz and keeps on working down to 18Hz.

So I am very content with the sub it is really a impressive performing chassis.

I hope it only a quality problem off the manufacturer. And the that the shop helps to solve this problem quick.

Nice looking speakers but I've one question.The foam you're using is that coming from a store called Gamma?If yes don't use that foam it doesn't work at all.

Hi meanman,

Yes it comes from the gamma and I did use it before. And can hear it damped the reflexions.

So can you explain what you did measure.

Witch effect did you want to have of it.

I think the foam must be open cell type and of reasonable density to be an effective absorber.
Illbruck's Sonex* Pyramid stype acoustic foam has a density of 0,5 to 0.7 lbs/cu. ft. and doesn't do much absorbtion below 500 hz. Above that it improves quickly from .5 to about 1 in the 4-5 kHz range.

See http://www.illbruck-sonex.com/pdfs/Pinta_Product_Sheets/PSpinta_SNXpyramid.pdf

* Illbruck is a long recognized leader in the manufacture of acoustic foam panels.

kukuruku said:
hi helmut i look your project and that is interesting for me, what you say about dt-25n, ms-150, sph-250ctc for speaker system. Ms-150 maybe better beacouse it is close construction :)

Why ms150 for that price mutch nicer chassis are to find. I do not restrict my self to monacor.

And witch frequency you want to filter?

I want made active system with Balance input, frequency at active crossover 350Hz, 2500Hz. price 17.7euro middle choise and ms-150 have matching closed volume dampened - we are haven't problem with midrange driver :cheers:,
Can't lowrange interact at midrange:nownow: then we need to additional correct system:att'n:

I want made active system with Balance input, frequency at active crossover 350Hz, 2500Hz.

price 17.7euro middle choise and ms-150 have matching closed volume dampened - we are haven't problem with midrange driver , Can't lowrange interact at midrange then we need to additional correct system

If you want high quality balanced input amplifiers see here. Super low distortion.
http://www.bmm-electronics.com/Product.asp?Product_ID=4709

I don't want to filter at 2500Hz. Phase fault, sound pressure level variation interference distortion. And that all in the part where the ears are the most sensitive.:hot:

I will filter in a aria were the sensitivity of our ear has reduced largely.

Here the figure of our hearing. And I have marked the aria where I don't want to filter.:whazzat:

That is why it is very important to find a High quality midrange driver because this aria is our ear the most sensitive.

So the midrange driver makes or brakes the response of your system IMO.

Regards Helmuth

Attachments

• gevoeligheid oor gebied.jpg
    gevoeligheid oor gebied.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,667
Thankyou for the propouse, i will make balance, active crossover and amplifier (lm3886) myself

When your searching for a very good low price midrange from monacor I advise you The msh115. Nice flat response up to 10kHz.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And as tweeter a ribbon rbt95sq. Not expensive top performance above 5kHz. (I advise 8kHz.)

I hope I help you with this tip Kukuruku .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.