High-end 3 way dáppolito with aluminiumcone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
danieljw said:
Hi Helmuth do you have a photo of the whole speaker?

-Dan

I will save that photo for last. So you have look a few times more Dan.
:D

I think they look classy the white birch housing an the black carbon cone with the black cloth front.

Then the titanium cone leaps out and is very outstanding together with the aluminium horn tweeter.

It is a combination a style and showing what we got, it is certainly not a dull speaker to look at. :cool:

Regards Helmuth

You see I use glass woll to damp the rear wave witch reflect to the housing. In fact I try to absorb the backwave with it rather then to damp it.

Glue

DSCF0328.jpg

And press.

The white wood glue is used to block the PU-glue to foam to the outside and foul the front plate.

DSCF0329.jpg

Here a photo of the filter board. There is no PCB needed it doesn't look as professional this way but it would not ad to the performance.

I mounted the coils with tyreps because screws would influence the magnetic behaviour. I saw a measurement of this once.
So I do not have to worry about that influence.

The JANZEN AUDIO and ERSE coils and big MKP of clarity cap makes it really high performance. Parts only found in expensive high end range loudspeakers.

The coils are place about 10cm apart of each other, and the fields of the coils are 90 degrees in opposite. There will be a capacitor and a 8Ohm resistor added for the horn tweeter. To correct the impedance increase of the midrange I will ad a zobel of resistor and capacitor. So these are not mounted yet.

DSCF0330.jpg

danieljw said:
Nice crossovers Helmuth,

I like the foil inductor !

-Dan
Hi Dan,

It is a impressive coil to see the Janzen audio its huge. I have chosen to save money on drivers, because there are many really nice drivers for low budget.

And it is a passive cross over there for I want to avoid losses. there for MKP capacitors and high Q coils.

Greetz, Helmuth

Re: what values are you using for what range

mcmahon48 said:
I see the three coils so why thy for a first order
it look like those two capacitors are the same value
so fill us in on your thinking

coil with core in sries with sub. two capacitors parallel; in series with flatwire.
Coil with ferritecore is impedance correction for mids second order or zobel I have to try. Otherwise they wouldn't have damping at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.