High-end 3 way dáppolito with aluminiumcone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Helmuth said:
25-10-2008

Hello,

I've got some problems here:cannotbe:, I order two monacor subs by bmm-elektronics.

After ordering I pay direct with Ideal. The order was send 2.5week later.

Direct was clear one sub was defective the second seemed OK but after testing it in the box this week it has the same problems as the first one. :bawling: Manufacturing fault or transport damage on the outside they look ok.

I will keep you updated with the Guaranty completion of BMM. Till now I send one back and send after that three emails without reaction:confused:

Till then the project stops.
14-11-2008

I have called Wednesday to hear about my drivers. They are now back at Monacor. my dealer is waiting on their reply.

He would call with Monacor on Friday (to day) and tell me about the reaction off Monacor in a email. Did not get a reaction till now.

I think they can exchange always, when they are good then they can use them to sell. When they are defect it is guarantee.

I hope this will not take much longer.

Regards Helmuth

Hi Helmuth,
Jeez, this is the responsibilty of BMM to handle quick and effective.
It seems it's sometimes a "norm" for dealers/shops to wait for their suppliers reply.
I don't know, but I guess it's the same in your country as in Sweden. The shop has complete and full responsibilty toward their customer. If not handled quick, by their supplier, dealer/shop must replace the item on their own expense.

Demand the money back within 3 days, there must be other places that sell Monacor.

Sad to hear but hope it will work out for you!

Peter

The work can continue on the DÁppolito in a short while. When the new stuff is arrived.

:)

DSCF0228.jpg

Attachments

• special.jpg
    special.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,329
Despite the title the box becomes ynly a aluminiu horn :D

Due time and searching for the perfect price performance drivers made me choose for mivoc. High-end quality for bottom prices.

The mivoc wtp138. With a very spacial cone. A sandwich polypropylene Titanium cone with high internal damping. See the enormous magnet and pole ventilation. :cool:

DSCF0305.jpg

Nice flat response :smash: I really like this driver.
mivoctop.jpg

For the high frequencies we have a little soft dome horn high power and spl 93dB 1w/mtr with top low distortion flat response.:spin:

mivochorn.jpg

To keep the ctc spacing as tight as possible I wil mount them like this.
DSCF0306.jpg

By greetz Helmuth

The winner.

Great looks and material aluminiumhorn.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Nice flat response.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Top impulse behaviour.

High end quality. Very low distorsion under 0,3% above 2.5kHz at 90dB/1mtr

horn.jpg
:smash:

marchel said:
Hi,

Do you have an XO design yet? any pix of the XO design?

The design is premature 1st oct this sounds the best and cost less, less is better. Keep it simple.

Because this design is about high-end quality for a budget price.
The chosen drivers have high power rating so they can endure less steep filters. They also will have less power compression distortion due the good cooled voice coil.

I do first order filter because we can use MKP capacitors (polypropylene).
High qaulity coils R=0,2 Ohm that's what it is all about.

High = 5uF MKP and mid =0,236mH and 160uF MKP :D

untitled-4.jpg

Low 2,65mH , <0,2 Ohm
lowpass.jpg
:D

Maybe a coil will be added to protect the tweeter.

The grey frame of the WTP138 doesn't fit good with the colour of the hole speaker. So I decided to paint it black.

DSCF0307.jpg

Don't they look great the titanium polypropylene cone drivers. They also have a immense power reserve. They are 70W rms each so 140W in the application. This means low power compression en 1 octave filtering without a problem.
This is also the case for the sub how can consume 200W rms.

DSCF0310.jpg

The assortment of your choices is very nice considering value for money. Will you use own measurements on given boxes to make the crossovers?
Hi Salas,

I hope I get my Hobbybox V6 running I got problems with the software of the soundblaster sound cart.:xeye:

I do not see any problems for the cross over. For the high pas of the midrange a impedance correction coil of 10mH will be added to straiten the impedance raising around Fo. So no 2 octave
May be a RC combination to keep the impedance above the 4khz around 4 Ohm so the 1 octave filter will do its job right.

The tweeter will probably also get a coil to prevent the distortion of the tweeter below 2kHz. I have to test that if it is not necessary it will be skipped.

The woofer I have listened on my tube amp sounded very good dynamics and dry. And that for a bassreflex on the tube amplifier.:D I never had build a bassreflex for myself because of the poor damping but that was a faulty estimation of me I know now.

I also respect good dynamics of the midrange due the big radiating area. And the soft dome horn speaks for it self.

For the sub a high quality coil will be used r<0,2Ohm 2,7mH.

A flatwire AWG14 coil is used for midrange lowpass r<0,12Ohm.

For highpass of the mid range Claritycap APW MKP capacitors will be used.
DSCF0270.jpg

So low R high Q coils and MKP capacitors the best components IMO.

I just discovered Boxsim. It takes the baffle in the simulation.

I do not fully understand the program. I had to reduce the level of the midranges because the simulation calculated with 2Watt at hat to be 1 Watt.

And hat to choose a similar tweeter because I don't know al the details of the mivoc.

Note :bassreflexpipe gain isn't shown IMO.

Looks nice flat:cool:
boxsim.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.