High-end 3 way dáppolito with aluminiumcone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now here are the pictures of the placed vibraflex a amount of 2,25kg on the panels.
DSCF0166.jpg

:smash:
By tapping the side panels you can here the effect of the damping. Without you hear for about 0.3sec the panels resonance. With the bitumen it extinguish, faster and the tone got warmer sound.
:smash:
I wasn't pleased with the damping of the lower panels and ad some more bracing this is very effective.

DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

To prevent the echo sound of a hollow drum the panels become a absorbing layer.:apathic:

There was not enough light to make nice photo's sorry.
DSCF0177.jpg

Helmuth...

great pictures and documentation!

seeing your implementation negates any concerns I might have has regarding construction, except of course my "anti"-MDF position. Solid wood (or even small offcuts of Baltic Birch) would be better for the bracing, I think.
It will be interesting to see what the end result is like in terms of your listening impressions. I am sure they will be very positive.

So these are for a college instructor? or a college? or as part of a course you are taking? That much I did not get from your introduction (Dutch to English translation)--this is not a criticism of your English.

stew

Hi Stew,

So these are for a college instructor? or a college?

For a college how had bin working in audio business he did sales. And he told about how he loves to visit live concerts.

That way we became talking about audio and he was interested in my view on hifi. (Stereo and quality speakers because there is much to improve, most amplifiers will do great.)

After that I became inspirited to design a speaker witch would satisfy his design taste, and with great performance and appearance for a budget price.

This is for me a way to see my ideas come to live and become more experienced in building.

Here a active 2 way backloadedhorn with 4 visaton TI100 titanium chassis (the small horn) and titanium dome tweeter that I have build for my self in 2000. The big horn was a experiment.

hoorney.jpg

Now I am using bandpass low and TI100 lowmid Morel tweeter
DSCF0017.jpg

Here a TL-project that I made for my neighbers.
untitled.jpg

The fact that a pair of speakers that you built in 2000 continues to satisfy you must be a testament to the design.

Sounded very transparent deep stage. Due horn impulse behaviour and active set up.
Only inference distortion off four chassis began to irritate. And the response was not flat enough and sub bas is a problem with a horn.

I now have for my self a concept full front loaded response from 35Hz and higher .
With a hybrid triode class A 8W amplifier. It is only a question off time:rolleyes:

For now I am waiting for a 24bit DAC to arrive to connect al digital devices to.

I am listening to a yaqin mc10 that I bought second hand in my vacation sounds very good with JJ KT77 and 6n1p EB and 6n23p eb connected to the bandpass 3 way.
DSCF0082.jpg

Here are some picture off the bottom plate this will cover the bottem acces. And also make a little foot off 12mm.

DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

With a speed drill I made a little offset for the head off the screw.
DSCF0191.jpg

The parts that where saw out will I glue to the cover creating a bottom cover off 36mm thick MDF.

DSCF0188.jpg

Regards Helmuth

Hi music lovers some goodies have arrived here.

DSCF0200.jpg

I have waited for 2 and a half week for the stuff.

Nice thick speaker connection M6 tread no gold bling bling doesn't fit the subtle design and some chrome spikes Monacor.

DSCF0213.jpg

To connect everything properly inside I use silver plated copper wire 2.5mm^2.

DSCF0214.jpg

And here it is the black gold. A Monacor twin coil sub black kevlar cone rubber surround with ventilated pool plate. Al mounted in a sturdy aluminium frame.:cool:
Monacor is a German brand but a sticker tells me it is made in Taiwan. It is really great deal for the buck (110 euro) very good materials and TS-parameters.:smash:

First intention was to use a aluminium woofer but the one I selected was obsolete. The Monacor was more expensive but top materials en parameters I love it.:)

DSCF0202.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

A magnet a few cm bigger than a cd.:D

DSCF0204.jpg

The frame as thick as a usb stick.
DSCF0211.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

There is a down side I have to send one sub back. Of this one the cone is of centre and you can hear the voice coil rubs the pool plate.:( So building quality lacks.

Helmuth, very nice build...

and documentation and...

As you are not using what I might call "typical" construction (read that as typically basic construction), any concerns regarding the material of choice have been negated.

your care and attention to detail is very evident. it may not be my "taste" in speaker design, but you certainly addressed almost every concern along the way.

stew

Nice build & write up. Keep up the good work!!!

it may not be my "taste" in speaker design, but you certainly addressed almost every concern along the way.

Hi stew,

My favourite choice would be a full range horn. ;) for a low power amp.

But the colleague let me come on with a design his only wish was a bassreflex and impressive low frequency response and we looked what kind of design he liked.

This in combination with my restrictions off building a professional looking box and budget is the reason of the made choices. This one will become a ridicules 200 Watt nominal 300W music power.

This is more by accident so high due the used 10" kevlar sub.:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.