New Tower Design Need Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to build a set of tower speakers using a set of 3 way components (Focal 165K3) and my plan is to use the passive crossovers from focal (24dB/oct. (300Hz-3kHz)) Now the tricky part is I would like to add a 10" or 12" woofer to each tower. I already have a Klipsch Reference 10” powered sub and would like the 10” or 12” woofer to fill in between the sub and the 6.5” Focal. Can I use the passive crossovers from Focal and buy a sub amp to power the 10” or 12” woofer using the built in crossover? What would be a good woofer to match the focals? I was thinking of the HiVi D10G 10" Kevlar/Paper Woofer only because the Kevlar matches the focal Poly/Kevlar cone. Here is a link to that speaker
HIVI D10G
Any help would be appreciated Thank you

If it matters I am tring to clone the JM Labs Grande Utopia Be's without the 15" sub in the bottom

Hi,

FWIW you can't clone a high quality hifi speaker by sticking car speakers in boxes.

165k3.jpg

Simply put they are best used for what they intended for, in a car.

rgds, sreten.

FWIW though the 6.5" in a ~ 15L sealed and stuffed box should
go low enough to cross over to an active 10" subwoofer.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.