Home speakers with DLS.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to make a home boxes with my DLS UR6S caraudio speakers but i have several dudes, specially with the sizes (measures).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The mark says if i want to do a home boxes i must do that...

But I contact with them and said me that "Use a vented enclosure, volume 18 liters with vent: 3" pipe 22 cm (9") long."

Anyway i have done several graphics instead of liters and bass reflex port measures.

Pink 10L box and 5 x 7cm pipe
Orange 8,5L box and 5 x 12cm pipe
Green 18L box and 23 x 7,62cm pipe (DLS suggested)
Blue 20L box and 15 x 7,62cm pipe (DLS suggested)

What can i do?

Here are the midwoofer specs:
Outer diameter 165 mm / 6,5”
Magnet diameter 85 mm / 3,35”
Mounting depth 65 mm / 2,56”
Mounting hole 140 mm / 5,5”
Nominal power handling 150 W
Maximum power 180 W
Nominal impedance, Z 4 ohms
Sensitivity, 1 W / 1m 90 dB
Frequency response 55-4000 Hz
Fs, resonant frequency 75 Hz
Voice coil diameter 75 mm (3”)
Voice coil height 13 mm /0,5”
Voice coil type / former Aluminium
Voice coil wire Aluminium flat wire
Number of layers 2
DC resistance 3,50 ohm
Voice coil inductance, 1 kHz 0,21 mH
Magnet system Vented hybrid
BL product, BXL 6,68
Max. linear excursion, X max +- 3,5 mm/0,14”
Suspension compliance, CMS 397
Mechanical Q factor, QMS 2,56
Electrical Q factor, QES 0,42
Total Q factor, QTS 0,36
Mechanical resistance, RMS 1,23
Moving mass, MMS 11,47 gr.
Equivalent Cas Air load, VAS 8,41 liters / 0,3 ft3
Cone / Dome material Sandwich
cone
SD - Effective piston area 122,8 cm2

1,000.000 of THANKS.

Car speaskers work well in folded lines, and do not excite the same kind of one note bass response.
Triple fold with 8ft length at cone area with DIY resistive vent at end will give you a sound you would not believe possible.
Double fold with driver at top with tweeter on top of cab and adjusted forward/back to sound best can give amazing performance with small footprint (less than A4 page).

Air mass lowers Fs and resistance damps the line. You could also try 1,500uF to 2,200uF in series with driver to protect against overexcursion, also peaks LF output/current draw at about 25Hz.

This response is way below what you are simulating !

Cheers ...... Graham.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.