Bipolar MLTL with 5,25 inch car coax

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The first speaker is playing the Wall by Pink Floyd.
A 25 dollar-speaker. Sound realy good considering the amount of cash.

The speaker is 47 x 8,8 x 8,8 inch (120 x 22,4 x 22,4 cm) and built out of half inch particleboard. Did i say it was a cheap speaker. Real low budget.

Im going to builöd the other speaker during the next weekend. I need a stereopair.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I dont belive in all the peaks and stuff above 160 Hz. the port and drivers are spaced to far apart. A normal bassreflexbox will model as badly in Hornresp to, but never seem to sound as bad as that would indicate.

i should have made the box 15 cm shorter, but the pieces had allready been cut this way.

GM

Joined 2003
Circlomanen said:

I dont belive in all the peaks and stuff above 160 Hz. the port and drivers are spaced to far apart.

Yeah, HR seems to really exaggerate HF 'ripple'. FWIW, here's a half space sim using MJK's software:

GM

Attachments

• dual 5.25' mltl - (mjk).gif
    dual 5.25' mltl - (mjk).gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 161

GM

Joined 2003
BTW, for my records, which brand/model driver is this?

Do you plan to leave the rear driver tweeter connected? Or.............?

FYI, if you use expo sections you can sim a constant cross sectional area (CSA), though there's no response difference:

GM

Attachments

• dual 5.25' mltl (gm) - specs.gif
    dual 5.25' mltl (gm) - specs.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 134
BTW, for my records, which brand/model driver is this?

The are named Boschmann. I buy them at Clas Ohlsson.'
http://www.clasohlson.se/Product/Category.aspx?id=251122&_path=251882;251433;251437;251206;251122

The link is for the only place i have ever seen the driver.

I dont have any other info about them.

Thank you for simming them in MJK´s software.
it looks muck better.
Since i dont have any reliable specs i just try what looks good enough.

Do you plan to leave the rear driver tweeter connected?

Yes. The idea is to get as big soundstage as possible. i have been playing som Half Life 2 with this speaker, and its sounds wonderful. It realy feels like im running around in an old cementary shooting zombies.

if you use expo sections you can sim a constant cross sectional area

Thanks.

Johannes.

You're welcome!

OK, thanks, they look like some older Panasonics they sold here.

So you're saying the specs you used (Fs, Vas, Qts) are made up? If so, most, though not all, of the car audio measured specs I've seen typically make them better suited to OB due to their high Fs and Qts, so hope this is one of the minority with specs suitable for a box alignment.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.