Bypass comparison with spectral waterfall interesting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With a few minutes one day I thought why not see if anything can be had for differences in all these bypass caps.
Dayton .01uf film/foil
Sonicap .1uf
Sonicap Platinum .01uf
Mundorf ZN .1uf
Mundorf Supreme .1uf
Mundorf Silver/Oil .01uf
Auricap .01

These spectral decay were done on the Apex LCR with our ribbon placed on top of the Mundorf capacitors in series with 2 caps on the tweeter and one cap on the mid range.So there was 3 bypass caps used of each of the above listed.( I now have a few russion to add to another test day as well)

I have done 2 tests one test done one day and then the other the next so there is 2 different capture days but the caps were tested all again the next day.

Here is the Spectral of the Apex LCR with the ribbon tweeter

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

**Mundorf ZN bypass caps

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

**Mundorf Supreme

** Mundorf Silver/oil

** Sonicap Gen II

** Sonicap Platinum

** AuriCap

** Dayton

Now the next day

Apex LCR Spectral decay for a fresh capture

**Mundorf ZN

**Mundorf Supreme

**Mundorf Silver/Oil

** Sonicap GenII

** Sonicap Platinum

**Auricap

** Dayton

Now next I have done the new HT8i with the new crossover as well as modified drivers.

OK here is the NEW HT8i which uses SDX7 woofers treated drivers plus the mid range drivers are treated.This design as well as the Apex LCR are both slot ported.The HT8i is slot ported off the floor.

Same crossover parts were used Mundorf capacitors standard then the bypass caps were added to each cap value in series to the tweeter and midrange drivers.

HT8i spectral decay

** Mundorf ZN

** Mundorf Supreme

** Mundorf Silver/Oil

** Soincap Gen II

** Dayton

I never did the Platinum Sonicap or the Auri cap on the HT8i ran out of time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.