Seas T18RE full range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone heard the Seas T18RE full range speaker. I don't see a whizzer cone or anything special except a normal dust cap and a plastic cone. Does this unit sound good? I was interested in using it in a single full range driver project.
Thanks.

Attachments

• seast18re.jpg
    seast18re.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 368
Not full range?

Hi Andreas,
The Seas web site specifies the frequency range as 40 to 25,000Hz. That must be full range as we normally understand it .
It shouldn't matter if it is two speakers mounted coaxially or uses a whizzer or dome instead of a discrete tweeter.
What detail am I missing?
Thanks.

The fact that you still need a cross-over to integrate the two drivers (tweeter and woofer part of the coax speaker), so you've still got the problems which come with a cross-over, while a full range with a wizzer cone most of the times can be used without the x-over (with the usual phase shifts) and results in a more coherent speaker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.