Teac LS500 speaker repair - info needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

A friend of mine has a pair of Teac LS500 3-way sealed boxes. The (4"?) mid-range in one of them is dead. We've not yet pulled it out to ascertain the numbering. Does anyone have any tech info (freq response, Sens, power rating, etc) on that driver? ie that we could use to identify an equivalent driver to substitute?

Thanks

Doug

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Hi Doug, I'm not familiar with this model are they an old well made speaker or the cheaper stuff that the brand has come to be known for??

One solution that comes to mind is to determine the crossover bandwidth of the current blown driver and pick any replacement with the same physical size and just see ( listen )

I've helper fix a few of that brands speakers for friends and most of the new stuff is rubbish; some of the older stuff is; by comparison; reasonably well made and designed.
Pull it out and see what it is like, for instance, these questions

Is the midrange a sealed back?? Is it small magnet etc.etc.etc::
regards Ted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.