Suggest a Driver for my TL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to replace a 10" Radford woofer in my old Audionics TL90 speakers. Has anyone had experience that can make intelligent recommendations ? The Transmission Line cabinet is approx 13" X 13" X 42" Tall Volume = ~115 liters. In days of old the KEF B139 was used....Replaced by Radford BD25. I need to cross to my mids (Morel EM1308) around 800Hz so the bass driver need not be an extended range (full range) design.

I appreciate your assist.

RON

ronzeman said:
In days of old the KEF B139 was used....Replaced by Radford BD25.
RON

Ron - in response to your email to me I sent you this link with some commentary but appears that I got your email id wrong. Therefore I am posting this info here for your (and others') benefit.
----------------------------
See "B139 Substitutes" :

http://www.t-linespeakers.org/drivers/B139_substitutes.html
-----------------------------

-Ram

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Suggest a Driver for my TL

planet10 said:

That list could be updated... that particular list is 8-10 years old. I just went thru all the drivers i could find looking for si,ilar Vas, Fs, Qt

dave

Thanks for the qualification Dave. Raises an interesting point - in hindsight would it seem that additional parameters be desirable to establish driver equivalence for TLs in particular?

-Ram

Don't you really want to match the Radford BD25 since the original design (cab/xover) was mostly tweeked. Besides the normal target T/S specs the woofer sensitivity would be key to the job.
Correction>What you are really discussing here is spead out over muliple different threads. i.e replacing all drivers in a 3 way.

IMO >The main point is .. What are you gonna do for a XOVER?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.