Non-inductive resistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Less important than cap or coil quality

Still audible? Maybe. Caps and coils definitely are in my experience. You're right that a non inductive wirewound is typically a counter-rotating coil.

Whether it's worth the dollars to go with fancies is another question, that only you and your own ears and wallet can answer.

Most of the time I use the white sandcasts.

Caps and coils definitely are in my experience

Caps do make very audible difference, even if they have the exactly same capacitance, ESR, ESL. There are other parameters that influence the sound.

For air coils, how would they make difference if the inductance and DCR are exactly the same, or the DCR is padded with resistance to be the same?

Regards,
Bill

Inductances of standard resistors and capacitors, and capacitances on standard inductors, are by far low enough to not have any effect below 20Khz. Most standard components have at least 200khz bandwidth.

You can safely forget about parasitic inductances and capacitances on speaker crossovers.

Be careful with placebo effect too ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.