Ceiling corner mount loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
As my new apartment is getting stuffed with furniture, it seems that there will be only few possible placements for any loudspeakers I will build in future. The room is 4.1 x 3.2 x 2.1 (l x w x h in meters). The speakers should be placed along the longer wall. There will be also furniture along that wall up to around 1.9 m. I can put the loudspeakers either in the uppers corners or to the joint of the wall and ceiling. The last possibility is to put the "boxes" on the furnture itself with angle down to the listening position. Which kind of loudspeakers in which placement would you recommend? I was even thinking of placing a Yamaha sound projector above the TV - but I do not know how does it perform for stereo. I am not a fan of home cinemas in a small room and I will be mostly listening to music.

As an installer, I have had nothing but trouble out of the sound bars, in the video swithing department. As far as sound, they are ok but even a novice diyer could do better, in my opinion. I would make a small 2-way "satalite" to go into the upper corners on a pivot wall mount. In most cases, there are 2x4s in the corners and should be every 16inches from there. Hope this helps some.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
peanut123: I have brick walls, co I can drill just about anywhere I wish:)

JoshK: Nice, but out of my diy skills:)

My main concern was, that this placement outrules just about any design (open baffle, horns, etc.) except traditional box loudspeakers which I wanted to avoid. Nevertheless, I am beginning to think about a pair of high quality headphones...

I know that what I am about to write is not a DIY thing but have you considered actually buying a set of on-walls. Vienna Accustics make some beautiful and very nice sounding on-walls. They are alittle pricey though. Or how about some Anthony Gollos? Just trying to help out.

Even if it is too big, the fifth post here could be an inspiration and seems to demand only a basic skill level.

Something like this can be placed very flexibly. Maybe combined with a small subwoofer hidden somewhere.

Or maybe you have narrow spaces at the sides of your furniture. Than something like this could be an option. It is only 12,4 cm wide without the bottom plate. Possibly still performs well, when scaled down to four or five chassis at ear level.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.