Magnetic simulation software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi DIYs,

For those of you who are interested in magnetic simulation I have found this software, Vizimag, which is available at:

www.vizimag.com.

There's a free download available, and the sales price is $39,75.

Although not perfect in all respects I find it very useful for visualizing magnetic fields and getting an idea about the magnitude of the fields.

And, not least, to me it is very simple and intuitive to use.

Regards,

Jesper

Celestion 66 Studio monitors information

Lucky me, I just got a pair of 66 Studio monitors from a GoodWill outlet. The cabinets are beat up but Hooked them up outside with a little mini Denon CD/receiver unit, which other than Its stout build an small size doesn't sound that good, but let me test before lugging them up stairs and hey the work!
So first question:
Is there a trick to removing the grills? they are a heavy metal screen cover with heavy fabric. One has been pried partially open and the cloth is coming off. I tried but did want damage it by prying hard.
2. Does some have the crossover schematics they could send me?
3. I hear that there is a upgrade to the crossover by changing Caps doe anybody have that information?
I am going to see if I can do some cabinet restoration to the oak veneer by steaming the dents and scratches out, then do a finish removal and restoration with Western wood doctor. If you have not used the steam tric to pop out scratched I will post the technique. many years ago I got hired at a high end Stereo shop by steaming a big scratch on a JBL L-100 and L200 cabinet. They were blown away with the results and hired me on the spot.

Celestion 66 Studio monitors information

Lucky me, I just got a pair of 66 Studio monitors from a GoodWill outlet. The cabinets are beat up but Hooked them up outside with a little mini Denon CD/receiver unit, which other than Its stout build an small size doesn't sound that good, but let me test before lugging them up stairs and hey the work!
So first question:
Is there a trick to removing the grills? they are a heavy metal screen cover with heavy fabric. One has been pried partially open and the cloth is coming off. I tried but did want damage it by prying hard.
2. Does some have the crossover schematics they could send me?
3. I hear that there is a upgrade to the crossover by changing Caps doe anybody have that information?
I am going to see if I can do some cabinet restoration to the oak veneer by steaming the dents and scratches out, then do a finish removal and restoration with Western wood doctor. If you have not used the steam tric to pop out scratched I will post the technique. many years ago I got hired at a high end Stereo shop by steaming a big scratch on a JBL L-100 and L200 cabinet. They were blown away with the results and hired me on the spot.

Hello Jasper,

I use myself FEM.

here attached a magnification of the gap region for an excitation coil motor I would build.

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

gentlevoice said:

For those of you who are interested in magnetic simulation I have found this software, Vizimag,

Attachments

• excitation_1_entrefer.gif
    excitation_1_entrefer.gif
    22 KB · Views: 182
Joined 2007
Paid Member
@bhu108,

No worries ;) - hope you find the help you are looking for ...

@jmmlc - Bonjour Jean-Michel :)

And thanks for suggesting the FEMM software. I know about this, however, my reason for mentioning the Vizimag software was that I found it to be very easy and straightforward to work with and it still provides me with the kind of information that I seek.

I realize other people may have different preferences.

Greetings from Denmark -

Jesper

Hello Jesper,

In fact I didn't know Vizimag and I plan to try it during my summer holidays.

Thank you for providing the information.

Best regards from Paris, France

Jean-Michel Le Cléac'h

gentlevoice said:
[B
my reason for mentioning the Vizimag software was that I found it to be very easy and straightforward to work with and it still provides me with the kind of information that I seek.
[/B]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.