"Box" design and bracing for open baffle woofer array

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I've had drivers laying around for about two years now to build a set of open baffle line arrays. It's finally time to actually do the building part. The drivers are 18 - Dayton RS225S 8" and 2 - RD75s. The towers will be biamped with active crossovers and active EQ, so baffle step, level matching, etc. isn't a huge concern.

With the background out of the way, I'm seeking advice on how to brace the woofer towers. The closest example of what I'm trying to achieve is shown here using some Bazooka drivers. Would there be any benefits or drawbacks to using a square truss in the back instead of the triangular one? The idea of using epoxy to connect to a wooden dowel doesn't strike me as ideal.

Other than front panel flex and stability, is heavy bracing a concern in open baffle designs? Would a less is more approach be better to prevent as much obstruction of the rear wave as possible?

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.