Horn for Cell phone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, diyaudio friends!

I live in the dense woods (not quite a forest) but it knocks out all cellphone reception, to combat this, I built a small Parabolic reflector out of an Asian noodle strainer that boosts me from 0 bars to 2-3 bars. when someone calls me, I can't move the phone from the dish otherwise I loose the signal, so I was thinking, what if I make a smaller horn inside the reflector dish so I could hear the person on the other end?

I could use the speaker phone, but the moment i move my phone at all I drop the call!

I need to make it out of paper, or something else that won't interfere with the focal point of the large dish, but I am not educated in the ways of horn speakers, I know that I can assume the Cellphone is a point source of sound because the baffle is so tiny (right?) and I should make a horn that models an Exponential curve, perhaps the top end of a 2-liter Pop bottle? any ideas?

-moose

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.