Front Ported Zaph zbm4 Project Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so now that i've gotten all the information and all the parts heres my build thread!

So i'm building a front ported version of zaph's ZBM4's.

I am using the woofer and tweeter that he is recomending but for the crossovers i am using a 3.9 ohm and a 5.1 ohm resistor (in place of a 4 and 5) due to the recomended being out of stock.

The boxes will be built out of 3/4" MDF and I will be using elemental design's soudn dampning product for the box as well as acousta stuff. Also in the future thses will be powered by a small amp (most likely a 41hz.com amp32-ps).

Right now I have all of the parts and have one of the crossovers built and tested. Tomorrow after i get done paintballing I will be cutting all the wood and assembling the boxes (apart from the baffels)
Heres me laying out the xover

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And testing the crossover to one of my favorite cd's Peter gabirel's UP

ok so i've got all the wood cut (save for the work on the baffel) and i've begun to glue to boxes together.

After they dry over night i'm going to get ready to sand and shalack them. The top of the box wont go on untill i have everything inside the box (sound dampening, crossover, braces, ect.)

ok so after I got the boxes all glued together I started puting some body filler on.

and what they say about mdf not being flat is completly ture. This stuff is not flat at all....
Heres the first box at the end of being filled. After this i hit it with 220 grit then primed it.

After a VERY lite coat of primer I wet sanded it with 400 grit then put 3 coats of primer on and wet sanded again. This is after the very first coat of primer.

so today i hope to get the first box ready for paint and the second one ready for primer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.