Timber Panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With so many of us interested in open baffles and even good solid front baffles for boxes I would like to know if any Aussies out there have used the pine panels supplied Porta Moldings. www.porta.com.au. They are made in clear panels up to 600mm wide and the useful lengths appear to 1200mm and 1812mm. Useful thicknessesd are 19mm and 26mm. They look really good with different stain and varnish treatments. I must add that I have no connection whatsoever with this company, just impressed with what I saw.
jamikl

Thanks for the reply moondog. I have seen them in Bunnings, Mentone and Mitre 10 Chelsea Heights. They are edge glued but there are no dowels or biscuits. They are also finish sanded and very clear grain. I think with a suitable stain and treatment they would hardly look like pine at all. The 1900 v 600 x 26 mm is about $149 and the 1200 x 600 x 26 is about $99.
jamikl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.